Why Are You Here?

♫Your POV♫

We stood there for what seemed like an eternity. This is the first time I have seen her in six years. One can change a lot in six years and Lauren certainly has. She looks more mature. Her hair is now shoulder length and her eyes look greener. She still looks just as beautiful as the day I met her. I shook myself from my thoughts and cleared my throat.

"Ahhh come in, please. We have some of the twins friends over so be wary of kids running around the house" I said with a slight laugh and moved out of the way of the door so she could walk in.

"Ummm thanks" she replied and walked into the house. I closed the door and looked down at myself and saw I was still in my bathing suit. I followed Lauren into the living room and told her she could take a seat and excused myself to go up stairs. I quickly chucked on some short shorts and one of Matts shirts. I looked down and realised it was his stupid 'Mr Boss Man' shirt. I laughed at myself but didn't bother to change it. I walked back downstairs and Lauren was sitting on the couch patiently just looking around.

I went and sat down on the couch next to her but I still kept my distance not completely trusting her anymore. I sighed and rubbed my temples. Why did she just decide to show up after six years? I am about to get married and have a child with a man I have loved for four years and she just now decides to make an appearance.

"Why are you here Lauren?" I asked softly looking over to her

"I missed you y/n" she replied and that only confused me more

"Then why are you here after six years of silence from both you and the other girls. I am about to get married Lauren and have another child. This can't just be some coincidence" I said a little annoyed now.

"I have wanted to see you y/n. Both the girls and I. We have missed you and your siblings so much you have no idea" she replied in a rush

"Lauren if you aren't going to give me a valid reason as to why you are here after six years then there is not point of you being here now" I say frustrated she hasn't given me an answer yet. She sat there for a minute contemplating whether she was going to tell me or not. Then she stood up which confused the hell out of me.

"Umm, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come. This was a mistake. I'm sorry." She rushed out in a mumbled tone. She then sped walked out of the house. I got up and chase after her but she wasn't stopping.

"LAUREN, WAIT!" I yelled but she just ignored me and continued to get into her car and then she just drove off leaving me standing in the door way.

"Who was that mommy?" I heard a little voice ask. I looked down and saw Olly standing there looking at me.

"Just an old friend buddy" I said and kissed his head. "Come on lets go finish eating" I said with a smile and held my hand out for him to take which he instantly did. We walked back into the backyard where everyone was and sat back down at the table. Olly resumed eating what was still on his plate and I looked to see that Matt had already made me a plate of food. I leaned over and gave him a peck on the lips and whispered a 'thank you'. He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it gently. I really did love him.

♬♬♬♬♬♬♬

Later on that night the four of us were all snuggled up on the couch watching a movie. Matt and I were on the ends and Anna was next to Matt and Olly was next to me. This is what I wanted. Lauren had her chance six years ago and it obviously wasn't important to her. She can't show up six years later and expect things to go back to normal.

I was taken from my thoughts when a comforting hand ran through my hair. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I hadn't realised the movie had finished and the kids were no longer on the couch. Matt sat next to me and pulled me onto his lap and kissed my forehead as I snuggled into him.