TWELVE

You dragged me out of the café and hugged me so tightly, enough to put my senses to pause that we were in public.

I patted your back in an effort to calm your unknown elation when you you drew back and held both my hands giving me a Cheshire cat smile.

I thoughtyou were going to confess to me so my hands hadturned cold and my air intake had cut down to its minimum.

"I proposed Nats, and she said 'yes' in marrying me! " you said.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. It was suffocating for me. I couldn't stand there in frontof you anymore hiding my love from you.

Tears started rolling down my eyes, and i couldn't care less if i was in public or not.

But instead of cursing amd confessing to you, i laughed,  it was an empty laugh,  but one who was elated like you couldn't have told at the moment.

"Thats---that's great news!Natalie is one hella lucky girl, love her always will you? " I said, between my breakdown.

I smiled and congratualted you failing myself amd my heart.

"Always." was your reply.

I hugged you then. So tight that i thought by that I could somehow keep you for myself.

After my sudden action we both were crying into each others neck.

The only difference was you were crying because of happiness, as you had found you one true love and to keep her always with you forever.

And i was crying because i had lost the love of my life forever to someone else.  And the saddest part? He didn't even know about my love for him.

I felt so hollow. I felt so void of any emotions. My heart felt like it was being pricked with needles every milisecond just to remind me again and again of him and my lost love.

Even the tears wouldn't come now.

I loved you enough to let you go, and now i had lost you forever.

And now as i end it, i hope you have a happy married life ahead with Natalie  and just know i loved you till the end. Though you have one friend lost,  you have the other one to console you.
Bye~

-- Emily left the letter on her nightstand and took the sleeping pills.