Trapped

The cobwebs from the night before wrap around my face as I leave my messy room, silently tip-toeing down the hall. I open my mom's door, checking for the rise and fall of her chest. I shake my head as a tear rolls down my cheek, but I know that I have to do this, for her sake and mine. 

The panic comes back, settles into my brain. It rattles my chest, and I'm shaking, but I can't do anything about it. I worry about my mom too much, and this is what I get for it. The anxiety attack is overwhelming, and my head is spinning.

 I resist the urge to run over and collapse in her arms, to let my mother tell me everything's going to be okay. I close her door and the door to the house of my childhood, not looking back as I drive away in the only working truck.

___

I shoot up out of a bed, only to be clobbered by strong hands and pushed down again. I struggle, but it's not enough.

"Tristan." a cruel, cold voice to the left me says. I want to say something. But I can't bring myself to do it, I can't form the words. My whole body is shaking and the hands grab me again, holding me back.

"Let him go," the voice orders, and on command, the hands let go of me. I think about jolting out of the bed and out of this caged room, but I need to know why I'm here. 

I frantically look around the room. The walls are a dark grey with a huge, rusty cage surrounding it, which I am in.  There's a helmet with wires sticking out of it in one corner and an x-ray machine in another. 

I sit up, my body shaking uncontrollably. I can't stop it. The world is spinning, and my brain is blank. I can't remember anything, I don't know who I am, where I am. I look to my left, and there's a man on the outside of the cage. To my right, there is two bulky men wearing shades. I don't know why; it's dark as Hell in this room. I stare at them as they look past me, staring at the wall with a blank face. I finally turn away and the man is in front of me. 

"Get up." he says. I shake my head. He struts up to the men to my right and whisper something in their ear, but I didn't hear it. They nod their heads and one grabs my arms and the other grabs my legs. I scream and kick and twist, but it does nothing to hurt their built bodies, it only makes them agitated. 

I hear a growl as they pick me up and throw me onto the ground. I scramble to my feet and almost trip in the process. The other man, I'll call him Snob, walks to me and locks his arm into mine, dragging me through the doors. The other two guys get on the other side of me. Snob leads me through a long, gray hallway. There's other doors in the hallway, and through the doors, I see other kids like me screaming and kicking or kids laying in beds, motionless. A look of horror washed over my face as I realize that the other kids are dead.

"Help! Help me!" I yell, but one of the men reaches over me and gags me so I can't say anything. As we reach another set of doors, I see a helicopter. Oh no. How did I get here? What happened? I don't remember anything. I left my house, and then...I saw a flash of light and I heard the horrifying sound of metal against metal. That's all I remember. I woke up here.

The men thrust me into the seat of the heli. I kick, but I can't. They've strapped me in by the legs, ankles, arms, wrist, and abdomen. I'm blindfolded, also. I've lost all of my senses except for smell. But that doesn't help. The helicopter just smells like sweat. I try to twist my way out, but to no avail. The last thing that happens is the loud noise of the helicopter taking off and a sharp pain in my arm that makes my eyelids shutter closed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note- This isn't my first non-fanfiction story I've written, and it's definitely not the best. Oh well. Thanks for reading this, and hopefully the next chapter will be out soon!