Chapter 4: Flustered

Charlie nudges Zach's arm when she sees him staring at the boy for a tad too long when he leaves.

"Looks like someone is being a hypocrite," she teased, enjoying the embarrassed blush forming on Zach's face

"Sh-shut up you midget," he shot back quickly turning away and cleaning off the counter. She giggles as she watches her flustered friend turn away, a clear bright red blush across his face. She sighs before turning back to drive-thru window, adjusting the mic that was in front of her face before speaking to the long line of customers.

Only brave ones came into the warm cafe when it was this cold out. So seeing a boy that looked like that come into the store, well, Zach wasn't prepared. He felt his face burn hot when he turned away from Charlie. He hated it. He hated how easily flustered he got. It annoyed him to death. He felt his phone buzz and quickly picked up the phone, clearing his throat.

"Hello?"

"Zach! What's up? You haven't hanged out with me in a while ever since your cafe blew up and you became famous." He heard the other voice complain at the other end of the call.

Zach let out a breathy laugh, "Hey Daniel. And I'm fine, also at work ya dummy." He heard Daniel laugh, shuffling (probably) some music sheets into a beater pile.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you'll talk to me whenever. I am one of your very few friends."

"I have plenty of friends, I'll have you know!"

Daniel snorted, "oh really? And what're their names?"

"Sh-shut up. Anyways aren't you supposed to be doing music or something? Practicing with the rest of your weird group?" Zach asked, genuinely curious since he'd usually be practicing by now.

"We're supposed to be, but Jack is running late." A sigh. "Again."

Zach laughed. "Well, don't let me interrupt you. You sounds oh so very busy."

"You're so mean!"

"Love you too, bye!" Zach ended the call, a large smile spread across his face. He heard the familiar jingle of the bell and went up to cash register.

"Hello!"

A/N: I AM BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER. Get ready cause I just might be able to start uploading daily this week. Anyways sorry for the short chapter! Just tried to finish it for you guys -3-