xiii. | amsterdam

"Hey baby, congratulations." Shawn wraps his arms around her, "Welcome to the team."

Jaylani smiles widely and wraps her arms around Shawn neck. "Guess you're gonna be stuck with me for a while."

Shawn smiles widely at her, "Well I am stuck on you."

-

"Yeah I know I'm so sorry Shawn." Jaylani says over facetime.

Shawn's pouts, "Come on J, it's the first show of the tour."

Jaylani sighed, she wanted to come, she wanted to see the first to the last show, and she didn't want to miss it. Jaylani couldn't miss it. "Shawn I can't just leave my mom right now, she really needs me. It's about to be spring and the spring collection isn't finished yet."

"Hey I have to go, I have a lot of papers to fill and a pile of designs to check. I promise I'll join you once you come down here for the London show." Jaylani ends the call, walking through the noisy airport.

It had been a month since Shawn had seen Jaylani. The thought of finally getting to see her only for him to find out that he had to wait another month was heartbreaking.

There was a soft knock on the wooden door making Shawn snap out of his thoughts, "Shawn come on we gotta head to the arena."

Shawn stand up from his bed that he been sleeping alone on for the past few days. He quickly puts on a plain white shirt over his head and wore his Tommy Hilfiger hoodie that he has recently obsessed with. Collecting his stuff that was scattered all over the room, he then rushes out of the hotel room, running down the stairs and meeting with his crew in the lobby.

As he walked out of the hotel, he stood in shock at how much fans scattered all over the street. It was crazy, really crazy and that made Shawn smile wide. His fans made him happy, but deep inside he still was sad that Jaylani couldn't come.

"Everyone if you want a picture, I suggest you all get in a line, no hugs, just pictures. We want to get to everyone and in order for that to happen you're going to have to listen to me and tell everyone." Jake explains to everyone and they listen.

"Hey shawn are you excited for tonight." The first fan to take a picture asks. "Very. Can't wait to see you guys, are you coming?"

"Sadly no, but I am coming tomorrow." Shawn nods as the girl leaves, and the next takes a picture.

-

"This is gonna be wild." Connor looks out Shawn's dressing room window, recording the amount of fans that were waiting to be let in.

Shawn looks from over Connor's shoulder, smiling wide, excitment flowing through him. He missed the feeling of having his own tour, connecting with his fans and he couldn't wait to see them.

Shawn sits down on the couch and picks up his phone to call Jaylani, but it went straight to voicemail, "Hey J, just wanted to let you know that everything is about to start and I'm excited, just wish you would be here."

"I'm sure she's just really busy and she'll call back later." Connor pats his back before leaving the room to prepare for the show.

Shawn sighs, watching his screen turn off, hoping that it would light up to her calling, but it didn't. Shawn stands up, putting his phone in his pocket and leaving the room to bump into Geoff.

"Hey Geoff." Shawn says.

"Oh hey Shawn, I got to go." Geoff looks everywhere but Shawns eyes, before running off. Now Shawn was more confused than ever, but continues his way to meet some fans to lighten up his mood.

Shawn grabs his camera that Jaylani had gotten him before she had gone to London. He remembers her words, making him chuckle to himself.

"Here have this," Jaylani hands him a camera. "And make sure to stick to your own job next time. Stop stealing everyone's jobs, we know you're talented but stop."

He walks into the museum, the fans going wild. "Hey guys, are excited?"

Shawn holds up the camera, recording as if he was a vlogger. "Well I got to go but it was nice seeing you all. I'll see you in a few." He runs off to prepare himself for the meet and greet.

"So you know the plan right. Good. I'll send someone to come and pick you up. Yes he doesn't know anything just yet." Shawn turns the corner to see his manager on the phone. Curiosity got the best of him so he had to ask, " Who doesn't know what."

Andrew turns around, ending the call with who ever it was. "Oh uh, you know Brian accidentally broke something of Josiah's and he just went out to go pick up another one."

Shawn nods, laughing because Brian was always the clumsy one. Well he was the clumsy one after Shawn, but that was something Shawn didn't want to admit.

"Shawn?" Andrew calls out as he walked away. Shawn stops to turn around, "Meet and greet is in 5." Shawn puts his two thumbs up, walking backwards to bump into Alessia.

"My bad." Shawn holds her steady so that she wouldn't fall. Shawn's hands rest on Alessia's hips as they looked into each others eyes. They had gotten closer these past few weeks and it was something everyone noticed.

"I should go." Alessia nods before walking off to wherever she was headed.

-

All the energy flows from his body as he ran off the stage and to the crowd, Jake following him. The crown was wild and it amazed him more each time.

The crowded screamed louder as he hugged and talked to some fans. He laughed, before ending the show. He couldn't believe it, he couldn't believe how far he had come and it was his fans that brought him there.

"First show is a success." Mike chuckles, laying on the couch and taking up all the space.

"You were amazing Shawn." Alessia comes in for a hug, but was cut off by Shawn's phone buzzing from his pocket, making Shawn jump.

Shawn smiles seeing that it was a notification from Jaylani. He opens the message app, clicking on the video that she had just sent.

"Guess what? I just lost my voice at a concert of one of my favorite singers." The videos ends, and another notification pops up. It was another video but it was of Jaylani screaming but as Shawn tried to turn up the volume he then realized that she purposely muted it.

Suddenly it all clicked, she was there, she was here. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist, his smile widens. He couldn't believe that she was actually here, in his arms.

"You're here." Shawn turns around and wraps his arms around Jaylani, also pulling her closer as her perfume fills his nose. "I missed you so much."

"I wouldn't have missed your first show, I mean I am your number one fan."

-----

You guys aren't ready for the next chapter, i'm telling you.
Vote, comment, you do you

-A🌻