07

My song on shuffle for this part is "Never Be" by 5sos. I guess it kind of relates to the chapter as it shows you won't be young forever but idk. Love you :)

-----

"Jamie, it's just a saying. You know that," I bluff as I overlook his stern glare and turn away to head back into my living room.

"Oh no you don't, Smith. I'm not sure I believe you." Jamie grasps my wrist and holds it tightly in his hand as his left hand grabs my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

"And why not? Can we just ignore what I said and go back to baking the cake, please?" I plead against his grip as it tightens.

"We both fully know why I think so." His eyes search mine with concern. "The only way I can believe you is if you prove it. So go on, prove to me that you're not and I'll be sorry. If you are though, I think I'm going to have to unleash my inner Grey." He whispers harshly in my ear before letting go of me and nodding towards my stairs.

"I don't have any tests to show you if I am or not." I stutter slowly walking away.

"Don't play that card on me. You have five minutes." Dornan grasps my hand and leads me to the bottom of my stairs before nudging me. I gulp and head up to my bathroom. Oh Dornan... Please don't be angry with me.

I head up my carpet sheltered stairs and into my en suite bathroom ahead to bolting the door and searching through my sink cupboard for my spare pregnancy test. Darn me and my blabbing. I don't have time to deal with Mr Fifty Shades of grump! I grab the wand before following the instructions and waiting for the five minutes that it needs. Whilst I wait I hear a familiar sound of footsteps walk into my bedroom.

"Are you done yet?" He walks over and knocks moderately on the door. Oh fuck! I stand up off of the floor before unlocking the door with the test in my hand.

"Here," I sigh shoving it at him as I push past and lay on my queen sized bed. He doesn't look at me and looks straight at the results (which I don't know).

"I owe you an apology, Miss Smith." He looks at me with a guilty expression before throwing it on my dressing table and walking over to sit beside me on my bed; giving my leg a gentle squeeze.

"You do?" I say surprised before coughing and composing myself. "I mean, you do, yeah!" I continue ignoring his glare as he looks down at me.

"See, even you weren't expecting that, were you? I mean how, Olivia?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, when two people love each other very much they-" I explain before Jamie cuts me off.

"Yes, I know how it happens. I am a father, you know?" He chuckles before lifting me up and into his lap.

"You know what happened last time." He nuzzles my neck gently with his nose; breathing in my scent.

"I was young and stupid, but don't remind me." I suspire loudly as a shiver travels down my back; my brain reliving the memory.

"Then stop being so stupid, okay? I can't see you being hurt again." Dornan kisses my cheek from behind as his phone rings from inside his grey cotton trousers. "I'd better get this. Shan't be long." He smiles shifting me off of his lap before I quietly tip-toe out of my bedroom, trying not to make much background noise during his call.

As soon as I walk past the door and into the kitchen, the bell goes. I sigh as I walk backwards towards the door and unlock it. Just what I need.

"Heya, Olivia. Mind if I come in and have a talk with you about last night?" Jack grins before I move out of the way, allowing him entrance to my house.

"If you must." I mutter under my breath as he makes himself comfy in the lounge; Jamie re-appearing a few moments later.

"Who was that at the door?" He tips his head to one side in wonder.

"Who do you think, 'Fifty'?" I sigh and nod my head into the living room.

"Good thing I'm here then and the little one isn't going to be here for two hours or so." He smiles lightly before clasping my hand and running his thumb over my knuckles. "Hey, you don't have to do this. It's your house. We can ask him to leave." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear as I shake my head.

"It's fine. Who was that on the phone?" I amend the subject as I feel Jack glaring at us. "Sorry for being nosey. I shouldn't have asked." I stutter quietly.

"Just the baby-sitter, hence the reason in why I know the little one isn't getting here for a while." He leans down and kisses my cheek, ignoring Jack's stare. "And it's fine, you have every right as I was half way through a conversation with you and it was rude for me to answer." He smiles once more.

"Oh, right. Well, I guess I'd better go and talk to him now. Get my dirty work over and done with." I say, still looking down. Not wanting to go and face the he-devil, himself.

"I guess you better had, yes." He lifts my head; before gently leading me into the living room to see Jack burning with jealousy. I gulp almost instantly as I see a copy of today's newspaper now in his hands. His eyes scanning the ever so silly and sexually suspicious article. "Just stay with me, Olivia. Ignore his glare and focus on the fact that he will be gone before you know it." Jamie coos in my ear and clings tightly onto my hand, his fingers entwining with mine as I feel his ring against my hand and palm.

"It's a lot harder than that, Dornan." I sigh in advance to embracing him, swiftly letting go so I don't have another problem to deal with.