Bruce X Reader {Monster}

Bruce X Female!Reader
Monster
Song: Monster by Skillet
Warning: Strong Language/Anxiety

Your POV
  It was around 2 am when I finally got home from my mission with Steve and Bucky. Bruce had stayed back since it wasn't a very important mission, so we left the big guy at home. The rain poured down harshly, soaking everything in its path. I quickly ran down my driveway as the cab I took home drove away. I ran to the porch, my H/L, H/C hair soaked from the rain. I grumbled as I fumbled with my keys to unlock the front door. There was no way Bruce would be up at this hour. I finally grabbed the right key and unlocked the door. I quietly crept into mine and Bruce's shared home. I slowly closed the door, locking it again. I put my keys on the kitchen counter and slipped off my shoes. I ran upstairs and opened my bedroom door to see the bed neatly made. My eyes widened as I saw a small note sitting on the bed. I dropped my duffle bag and grabbed the note, reading it to myself.

"Y/N. Please know that I love you with everything I have. Nothing will ever change that. I am a monster and I don't wanna endanger you anymore. I love you to the moon and back, my love.

       -B."

My heart throbbed in my throat. Bruce was gone? He has always had anxiety over Hulk, but I never thought he'd leave because of it. Tears pricked my eyes and I pocketed the note. I grabbed my sword from out of my bag and rushed out of my house. I ran to Stark Towers, anger boiling up inside of me. I made it and had Jarvis scan my hand. The door clicked open and I rushed inside. I threw my sword at Tony, which caught him by the cloth of his shirt. It pinned him against the wall and his eyes widened.

"Where the fuck is Bruce." I asked angrily, biting my bottom lip in frustration. Tony sighed and looked down.

"You found the note, huh." Tony said quietly. Tears poured down my cheeks as I stared Tony dead in the face.

"Why in the hell didn't you stop him, Tony!?" I yelled, not caring about anyone trying to sleep in the towers.

"I tried, Y/N. I swear to god I did! He wouldn't listen to anyone. Every since you went on your mission, he's been having nightmares of Hulk hurting you." Tony said. I took my sword out of his shirt and held it tightly.

"Tony. Where did he go?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"India. Where he fled to all those years ago." Tony said. I nodded and walked away, clutching my sword tightly. No way in hell was I gonna let the love of my life leave me, especially when Me and Bruce were so close. I couldn't loose him.

•Timeskip•
  I left New York early the next morning. Tony had gotten me a private jet that would fly me to India, and I was there that night. I got off of the plane and took a deep breath. Me and Bruce haven't been here in years, yet I knew exactly where he would be. I held my duffle bag close and made my way through the broken and poor town. Before Bruce was in The Avengers, he fled to India to escape Hulk and all that bullshit. I walked down into the old abandoned home Bruce had stayed in, and quietly opened the door. I held onto my bag tightly, ready to draw my sword just in case. I walked inside and there stood Bruce. His dark brown hair was messy and his usual button up shirt was untucked and unbuttoned.

"Bruce." I managed to mumble out. His eyes widened at the sight of me and he began to back away.

"Y-Y/N. What are you doing here? You weren't supposed to find me." He said, quietly and slowly. His voice was wobbly.

"Tony told me where you were. Why did you leave me, Bruce?" I asked, feeling hot tears flow down my cheeks.

"Sweetie. The only reason I left was to protect you. Once you left on your mission, I began to have nightmare after nightmare of Hulk ripping you to shreds. They felt so real. I couldn't live with myself knowing I was the one that killed you." Bruce said slowly. I dropped my bag and grabbed his hand. He was reluctant at first, but then he held onto my hand. I looked up at him and held tightly onto his large hand.

"Bruce. Every piece of me doubts that you and or Hulk would kill or hurt me. These dreams are just dreams. I know they feel real and I know it's hard, but I love you to the moon and back, and I need you in my life." I said, calmly and quietly. Tears streamed down Bruce's cheeks as he grabbed my waist, hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. His tears soon turned to sobs and I squeezed him tighter. He pulled away and I slid my thumb under his eyes and on his cheeks, wiping away his tears.

"I-I just couldn't imagine a life without you. I thought maybe if I left, all my anxiety would go away since I know you'd be safer without me." Bruce whispered, his hands not leaving my waist. I frowned and kissed his cheek tenderly.

"Honey. We can work on your anxiety together. Dropping everyone and everything will most likely make your anxiety worse. And besides, I feel the safest when I'm with you. You aren't a monster, Bruce. You're my Brucie Bear, and nothing will ever change that." I said, smiling. He chuckled at the nickname and kissed my lips passionately. I kissed back and ran my hands up and down his neck. He pulled away and connected our foreheads together.

"I'm so sorry, babe. I shouldn't have left." He whispered. I smiled and shook my head.

"Nonsense. You had a head full of emotions and anxiety. I don't blame you. Now let's go home." I said, smiling. He smiled and nodded. He pulled away from me and grabbed his bag. I grabbed mine and grabbed his hand. We walked through the town and made it back to Tony's private jet. We both climbed in and put our bags down. I sat down on his lap and smiled. He blushed and smirked, running a hand through my hair.

•Timeskip•
  We made it back to New York around dinner time. The sun was just setting and I smiled up at Bruce. He held my hand tightly and looked around New York. I knew he hated this city, but it was our home. We walked back to our house and took a deep breath.

"Now I can finally relax." I muttered, putting my bag down. Bruce chuckled and put his head in my neck.

"I love you, N/N. I'm sorry for being a jerk." Bruce mumbled against my skin, the scruff on his chin tickling me lightly. I turned around and kissed his cheek lightly.

"I love you too, Brucie. Don't apologize, ok? Sure it was a sucky move leaving, but you were clouded. I probably would have done the same thing." I said. Bruce smiled and picked me up. He raced upstairs to the bedroom and threw me onto the bed.

"Let me make it up to you." He said in a low, grumbled voice. My eyes widened and I blushed, biting my lip. He locked the door and climbed over top of me, kissing me passionately. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. We stayed like that for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I hope you all enjoyed this part! I had fun writing it! We love one depressed scientist sksks. I'm in the tub writing this and I'm sweating my ass off lmao. Anyway! Don't forget to comment and vote!

-D :p