Prologue

"Issabella!" the cry echoed throughout the woods. Crows cawing as they flew away, simply finding a new branch to brood on. But, one girl couldn't just fly away. Enessa Collins was forced to stay with her feet planted to cement. It wasn't like she had wings to fly, but she wished she did. She wished she wasn't stuck in the woods at 2 am, searching for her family. She wished she hadn't convinced them to stay the night in the rinky dink convenience store.

She ran until her heels went raw, the soles of her shoes beginning to wither away with every step she took. She went from frantically sprinting, to mindlessly wandering. The night sky turned to day, her eyes struggling to stay open due to the lack of sleep. 

Nights turned to days, days turned to weeks, and weeks turned into months. She still hadn't found her family, not even a single clue as to where they could've gone. She was slowly losing her mind, having only encountered the dead, not a single living breathing person had crossed her path. She was losing hope fast, her patience dwindling away and wearing thin.

Her prayers are soon to be answered though, finding herself on the steps of a worn out farm house. Before she can even make it to the porch, the door is flinging open.

How does the brunette react to the barrel of a gun pointed at her forehead? And will this new person help her find her family?