Skinny Love

I knew something bad was going to happen as soon I came back to Germany.First,Mario finding out about my feelings for him and then the big shock:him expecting a baby with AK.I opened the notebook to see if everything was there and to remind myself on the things I wrote when I found a few pages with somebody else's handwriting.I read everything the person wrote but then I realized it was Mario.He had the same feelings for me like I did for him.He actually loved me.I was such a fool.Turns out we both had chances at each other but never took them.It was a skinny love.We never told each other directly how we felt but we both wrote it down into a little black book that could've probably save our lives if we weren't too late.

Mario's P.O.V.:

I couldn't tell her,but when her and Marina were in Paris,I called Marina and told her I needed her to help me.I wanted Jen to come back.Because she sold her apartment here in Munchen,I promised Marina I would take care of it and bought it back.It cost me a little more than it cost her when she bought it for the first time,but I really didn't care.Marina thought that was really cute and romantic,but I told her she can't say anything to Jen because,knowing her,she would never come back if she found out I was involved in everything.So I'm guessing she told her she did that for her.Marina did her best to keep me and Jen close and to get us together but then fate entwined and ruined everything.AK called me and told me the big news,that we were having a baby..Of course I wanted her to keep the baby,but it actually ruined all my plans with Jen and all of my hopes were destroyed.

-"How the hell did all of this happen?! How did my life suddenly become so complicated in the last year?"- I was really afraid of being a father at 22.It was just to soon and I had no idea how to deal with it.Of course I'd give my everything to that child,to it's mother,I'd take care of both of them and love them endlessly.

And that's when I decided. Jen lost faith in us and it was too late already.I was going to take care about AK and the child and forget about Jen,forever.

***

Eight months later...

Jen's P.O.V.:

We never spoke again after our last fight when I saw him in my apartment.He never called,never texted,when I see him on the street he just takes AK by her hand and not even look at me.He forgot,just like I thought he would.But I could never forget.I could move on but I could never just delete the moments spent with him.It wasn't much and nothing really happened but for me,it was something that couldn't be measured with anything else I ever felt.

It was weird looking at AK with her big bump,and I never thought she'd become a mother at that age.And there was Mario next to her,all the time.I just told myself that I think that he'd be a great father.I was sure about it.

I found another love,finally.It was a really cute boy named Damon.Turns out he is from Seattle,too,he is a year older than me,blonde,big blue eyes and a seductive smile.He always took care of me,he loved me and I loved him.He was really romantic and he respected me,just the way I was.We were together at that period for almost six months.And then there were a lot of things that kept reminding me about Mario.He completely forgot about me while I was trying to be happy without him.

And I lied I forgot about him.

Mario's P.O.V.:

I lied I forgot about her.

Every night when I would lay next to AK I would imagine that was Jen but then I'd suddenly snap out of it and remember that I had a mother of my child next to me.

At least I had.

***

A month later...

Jen's P.O.V.:

Damon and I couldn't wait anymore and we wanted to get married as soon as possible.I needed somebody in my life who could make me happy at the moment,who loved all of me and who would give his life for a person like me.And Damon was that person.

We decided the date,it was June the 4th.Actually,what I really needed was a person who could make me forget all about my past and make me focus on the presence.

We sent the invites maybe three weeks before the ceremony and we decided that the wedding will be small and humble,maybe 20-30 guests.

***

I was checking my mailbox for any bills or letters,when I found a envelope with my name written on it.

-"Who is it from?"-I thought.

I sat in the bedroom on my bed and saw Jen's and some Damon's name written on itself with beautiful,fancy gilded font.I thought about the worst thing that could happen.

I carefully opened the envelope and found a wedding invitation scheduled for June the 4th.

-"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Gotze"-they wrote it even though me and AK still weren't married.-"We're honored to invite you to the humble ceremony of the marriage of Jennifer Brooks and Damon Jules.We would like you to be there and beautify this already wonderful day.The wedding will take place in the little chapel at 16:00 o'clock".

My heart literally broke but I was happy she found someone that made her happy as much as she made me.

***

-I already told you,you're not going to the wedding! I have no idea why did she even invite us?!-AK yelled.

-That's called being nice and friendly.-I answered.

-Well,I don't want you near her and her stupid little husband.

It was the day of the wedding and I got ready,I put my suit on and bought a present for the soon-married couple but AK decided to make a scene only two hours before the ceremony by not wanting to go or get ready.

-AK,with or without you,I am going.And I wouldn't suggest you to be here alone,so just get ready and let's g-

-NO! I won't go.

-Why are you doing this to me now?!

She started crying.,suddenly.I couldn't just stand there and do nothing so I reached out to hug her,but she didn't let me.

-Don't touch me!

She looked broken and really tired.Well,how couldn't she? She hadn't slept normally for three months,and she was a week away from giving birth to our precious little girl.I wanted to call her Jennifer but AK didn't want to hear about it.So we haven't decided between Helena or Christina Gotze.

-You still love her,don't you?-I didn't expect that question.

-AK,it's not the time for...

-Just answer me,goddammit!-she yelled.

-Yes.I do.

She cried even more.I was comforting her for an hour and a half more so I had to come to terms with the fact that I'll be late for the wedding.

But then,suddenly,her phone rang.She was really suspicious,she didn't let me answer it or see who it was.After almost a minute of pulling it out of her hands,I got the phone and answered it.It was some guy named Theo.AK ran around me trying to take the phone from me but her attempts were futile.

I didn't even get the chance to say anything when he said something that blew my mind and made me storm out of the house.

-Hey,babygirl,how's our little baby?-the guy asked.

I hung up and looked at AK as serious as I could get.

-Is that baby in your stomach mine?Am I the father of that baby?

-Honey,you got everything wrong,I...

-Answer my question,AK!!-I was yelling at her.

-..No.-she whispered.

That was enough for me,I grabbed my jacket and stormed out of the house,like I said it.

I got into my Mercedes and rode to the place of the ceremony.