Chapter Seven: Since I Can't Have You Now

"Why me Mal, why me?" Angus cried.

Maybe not the best call I've made in my life. Malcolm thought to himself. That night was shit to say the least. With Patrica and Brian's slight bickering as well as Angus's heart being crumpled into more pieces than it was before.

"Patrica didn't tell me it was gonna be a fucking engagement party. If I knew I wouldn't have suggested you came." Malcolm defended and frowned. "I'm sorry Ang I'm so fucking sorry."

"Doesn't matter now. She's got someone else. Lucky guy. Might as well just get with Caroline."

"Angus what the hell? You hated her!"

"Hate feels better than love right now."

"Are you okay Holly? You're just so quiet." A women named Veronica said as she sipped her coffee slowly.

"Yeah, just focused. I'd just hate to see that horrible man get away with what he did to you." Holly didn't look up at her friend, instead fixing her eyes on the lengthily paragraphs written on the papers carefully stapled together.

"I can't even begin to thank you. I know you've had a tough two years I figured it would've been a long shot.."

"Don't mention it. You know I'm always willing to help you. I could use a distraction now too. Things have been...well...interesting coming back here."

"Yeah I get that. Don't worry Holly. You're a strong women.

It was late that night; Holly had lied herself down in the hotel room bed on the side the phone was facing.

Thomas.

She hadn't called Thomas.

She quickly dialled the number.

Thomas answered. "Hello?"

"Hey it's me. Sorry I've been busy with Veronica. Kinda took up all my time." Holly spit out the words as quickly as she could.

"That's okay I get it Holl. I just miss you." Holly was relived at Thomas's response.

She said she loved him too, but one late night conversation she would end up having might have the potential to change it all.