Chapter 1: The Beginning of the End

"COOPER! GET YOUR FURY ASS OVER HERE!" 
       Running after the dog that got loose the girl kept calling it's name. She got close while he stopped to sniff a mailbox. There she seemed to change her tactic, "Cooper! Want a treat? Come here good boy!" She said in a sweet baby voice.
     The dog ran.
"GOD DAMMIT! YOU'RE NOT EVEN THAT CUTE, I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT YOU LITTLE SHIT!"
     I watched as the girl ran after him into the woods. She was quite cute from what I could see. With that long brown hair, wild and tangled from running, flowing behind her. What a mouth on that one, cursing like a sailor.
     I decided to try to help and ran inside to grab a leash and a piece of cheese. Running back outside diving into the woods following the voice cursing the dog, Cooper I guess. I can hear her footsteps, or angry stomps, and she doesn't sound too far away.
     I find her trying to sneak up on Cooper once again. I snap a twig as I take a step towards her and the dog takes off again. She turns around with a glare that could put a gang leader to shame, and a mouth that a sailor would be shocked of.
     She takes a huge breath, "Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE FUCK? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HEAR? Did you follow me? Are you some kind of pervert? You know what you are, a goDAMNED FUCKING CUNT!" The way she gets so calm and then jumps back into yelling is astounding and completely mind boggling.
"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I just came out here to help I saw that your dog ran into the woods and I brought some cheese to help lure him and a Leeds because I noticed that you didn't have one and I am not a pervert." I said in one rushed breath and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't understand a single word I just said. I barely did!
     She looks at me as if she can see every detail of my life, picking me apart with her eyes and seeing if I'm good enough. I try not to squirm under her intense blue eyed gaze. She tilts her head to the side, nods her head, and puts her hand out for a hand shake.
"I'm Nadia Portell." She says with the confidence of a soldier who earned their title.
I shake her hand, "I'm Jasper J. Hadwin."
She gets this sort of smirky look before saying, "Well Jasper J. Hadwin, you can get my dog since HE'S A LITTLE SHIT!"
     She smiles at me and gestures for me to lead the way. I am just happy that she stopped cussing at me. I follow where the dog ran off. I find him barking up a tree with a squirrel chirping at him. I lower myself, whistle, and call him too me. He sees the cheese and happily bounds toward me.
"Hey Good Boy! Here's a treat, you like cheese?" I say as I hold the snack out to him.
     He wags his tail as he eats the cheese and I snap the leash on him. I stand up with a smile just to see Nadia squinting her eyes at me. She snatches the leash out of my hand shouts a thanks at me a leaves. She doesn't smile much does she?
      I wave at her back even though she's already disappeared through the trees. With a sigh I start to head back home, feeling confused and very intrigued.
  It doesn't take long for me to get home and I head straight in, taking my shoes off at the door. Dad would kill me if I wore those on the carpet. I make myself some dinner and take it up to my room to work on some homework. It's  only been two days since school started and I already have a mountain of work. But as I start working, I can't seem to get Nadia out of my mind.

————————
Authors Note,
Hi! I know this is quite short but I have just started working on it! I started this like a year ago and all of a sudden have an urge to finish it! So I'd love it if you would comment if you have a suggestion or just a thought about the story! I always love some constructive criticism!
With excitement,
Nina