i ; 'i just sat with her'

word count: 1039

warnings: throwing up, crying idk

♬♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♬

calum jolted awake to the loud noise of hurling and gaging from down the hall, he looks beside him quickly to make sure his wife is still there and rubs his eyes before sliding out of bed. light on his feet, he jogs down the hall and looks in every door to see if there's any suspicious activity in the spare rooms of the large house. calum pushes open the bathroom door to find his four-year-old, puking her guts out into the toilet. he sits down beside the small figure and pulls her thick curls from the side of her face and pulls it into a ponytail behind her head and rubs her back gently, cooing words of encouragement and sorrow into her little ears. the vomiting eventually stops and he pulls her trembling body into his lap while reaching for a tissue off the counter to wipe her mouth off.

"shh, it's going to be okay, kora. don't worry, it's okay," he speaks softly into her ear as she sobs into her father's chest, making his shirt wet but calum didn't mind. he just wanted to make sure his daughter was safe. he kept rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her sobs as they tore their way up her little throat. he cooed a familiar tune into her ear as she started to settle and fall asleep.

"we had a mountain but took it for granted. we had a spaceship but we couldn't land it. we found an island but we got stranded. we had it all. who could've planned it?" he sings softly into her ear. the door cracks open a bit but calum was too invested in kora's sleeping face and his own voice to notice. a tall female figure walks in, rubbing her eyes and stretching her arms wide, before plopping herself next to calum and her daughter.

"what happened cal?" sage asked, tiredly as she rested her head on calum's shoulder and placed her hand on kora's cheek, drawing small circles.

"i could hear her throwing up from down the hall so I came to check on her, she was just sitting here, chucking up everything and she was crying so I just sat with her," calum whispered on the verge of tears. it killed him knowing that his angel was sick, he wanted nothing more than for him to able to see that wide toothy grin of hers all day long and it broke his heart seeing her cry and sob.

"it's okay, cal, we'll take her to the doctor tomorrow, yeah?" sage replied softly, looking at her girl with worry and admiration. kora looked pale and weak, showing little signs of steady breaths. her breathing was jagged and uneven. her veins were visible through her skin and she was so very thin, bony in contrast to her usually chubby legs and arms. calum missed her squishy cheeks and loud laugh, lately, it's tears and tantrums. to say calum and sage were confused and scared is an understatement.

"okay, i'm going to take her to bed, go back to our room, i'll be there in a sec," calum whispers, getting up off the floor and carrying his girl to her bedroom. it was green, decorated with animal stickers and doodles on the wall.

sage walked weakly back to calum and her's shared bedroom. she slipped slowly into the sheets and curled up into the spare pillows. calum walked in not long after and slid in beside her, slithering his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"babe? you alright?" calum asks faintly. sage didn't even notice she was crying until calum pointed it out. he could feel the tears on his hands when they rolled off her cheeks.

"hm? yeah, i'm okay," sage said, wiping the salty water off her face. she pulled calum's hand from her face to her waist and cuddled into the nook of his neck and shoulder.

"listen, okay? i'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow and i'll make sure to call you and tell you what happens as soon as we get out of the room. heck, i'll even call you so you can be in the conversation with the doctor. i promise that it will be okay," calum cooed into sages ear. he could feel her body tremble against his. her soft sobs filled the room and counted as the only sound heard, other than the soft pitter patter of the rain on the windowsill.

"she's just so skinny, she has never been so light, ever. i'm so scared that there's something seriously wrong like, she's been eating everything we put on her plate but throwing it back up. her stomach is declining the food. i don't want her to have horrible allergies and conditions, i want her to live a regular life. i don't her to have to worry about what she eats. i want everything for her and she can't have everything," sage sobbed, gripping tightly at the sheets and pulling them closer to her. she spent a solid hour crying and soaking calum's light grey David Bowie shirt until it became too much for her small figure to handle

"shh, it's going to be okay," calum whispers, stroking sage's hair as her sobs calmed and her eyes became heavy. sage eventually fell asleep to the sound of calum's steady heartbeat. calum lied there, looking at her for a while. he watched her eyebrows furrow and her eyes squint occasionally and he focused on her breathing patterns. how fast or slow she was breathing. calum came to the conclusion that her breathing was unsteady and she was struggling to stay asleep so he cuddled up closer into her and held her in his arms.

eventually, calum fell asleep, he was exhausted from the lack of sleep he's had due to kora's episodes. of course, it was difficult for him to see his precious baby-girl struggling and sick but he has to stay strong for sage and for kora. he refused to break no matter how hard it got. he wanted his girls to rely on him and for that to happen, he needed to stay strong. he couldn't break.

♬♩♪♩ ♩♪♩♬

hey um that was my first chapter. this book's gonna be pretty sad so if you sensitive, get yourself a box of tissues bc sis there about to be tears up in here. i don't know how many chapters there will be, i'm just kind of playing it as it goes but im hoping for around 20-25. i had a word goal of 1000-1300 for each chapter so you guys don't get bored but you're left on your toes. you've all probably scrolled by now. lots of love xo

-tq ig 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻