f o u r t e e n

Monday morning and I stepped into the building with a smoothie... that I picked up on the way.

The bananas on my kitchen counter inspired me to give the 'smoothie making' another go. I ended up adding extra of something that got it tasting awful...so it ended in the bin.

How was it so difficult to make a simple smoothie that I would actually enjoy.

I walked into my office, greeted Olivia quickly as I passed the reception desk. The reception had people she was attending; she quickly waves her hand towards me, acknowledging my greeting. I make way through the office to my cabin. Kimmie was by the pantry with the gossip group catching up after the weekend. What's weird is that they just met up this weekend.

Walking into my cabin, I noticed the fresh stack of magazines on my table. I picked the first magazine and walked to my chair. Before sitting, I scan the room and then with a content mind, I flip the cover page of the magazine and read through the contents page while taking a sip of my smoothie.

I looked down at the takeaway cup and I'm quite impressed on how I'm managing the no caffeine for work...probably because I end up having one every other evening. Kate would be impressed with my change in morning beverage option; she's quite health conscious. However, studies do say that coffee has several health benefits. So, it's not all that bad but I just can't have another undrunk cup hit the bin again.

As I turned to the next page of the magazine, the desk phone rings and I knew that my first appointment of the week was here. I inform Olivia to send her in and I sat at my desk patiently.

"Blair!" I greet as the girl walks into my room, "It's been so long!" She smiles and nods her head in response. Blair Emsworth rarely visited me and so far they have only been for when she put her profile with us and when the dates she was set on fails, I get to hear all about. A part of me felt nervous, giving myself second thoughts on if I should have paired her with Rick. Her face revealed nothing whatsoever.

"So!" I break the silence, "How was your date on Saturday?" I ask with excitement in my tone. I watched her face transition from her resident poker face to a frown and then to a glow. She was smiling and I know for sure that is not a sarcastic face in any way! I just want to hear it from her before I can celebrate with joy in my head!

"It was wonderful, Avery!" she squealed like a fangirl. Another success for Avery Whittaker. She realises her outburst of emotion, she takes a moment to compose herself before she spoke another word.

"The date was wonderful. Such a gentleman I have to say." she begins to say, "I mean the looks will give the bad boy vibe but he was wonderful!" she melts as she finishes her sentence, "Where was he all this while??" she asks, leaning forward with the support of her hands on the table.

"He wasn't actively seeking for a date." I answer her question. He never really bothered to think of settling down and he knew if he met ladies he was bound to settle down. That would be the end of the bachelor life.

"Well, I hope we meet again," she says, gathering her bag that she placed on the chair beside her, "Let me know about it." she adds, I nod in return. I watched her get up with her bag and her face return the her resting poker face. As she stepped out of my room, I leaned back on my chair and felt content. I was so glad that this wasn't a fail and that I might have actually got someone for Gray.

Or so I thought.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm not meeting her again." He repeats.

The feeling of content vanished. Grayson Williams on his every visit surprises me but it's never the way I wanted to be surprised.

"I mean she's a great girl and all but I wasn't into her." He tells me, "Well this isn't a place to find your next sex buddy. I've told you this before, Great Beginnings is an organisation where people find love and eventually commit to each other." I remind him. He nodded his head because he heard what I said but his body language gave the impression that he didn't really care about it.