Chapter 2 (Part 1)

"Dialogue"

"Hero form dialogue"

'Thoughts'

'Flashback/Memory'

"Phone, Tv, etc."

(Author's note)

Where am I? What is happening?

These were the questions that kept popping in Izuku's head.

The last thing the boy remembers was the car crash and that some strange men took him somewhere. He couldn't tell where he was, he couldn't tell how long has it been. He couldn't even tell was it day or night.

At first, the captors had treated his wounds, Izuku even thought that maybe they want to help him somehow, but the reason they were healing Izuku is just to keep him alive for what's coming for him.

Right now, Izuku was in a very bright room, he couldn't see anything, there was some sort of bright light shining at his face, blinding him. He couldn't move either, he's strapped to an operating table and he's not alone, he's with some sort of doctor and that doctor isn't here to help Izuku, he's just here to perform a "test" on the boy. Izuku tried to take a look on the doctor's face, but he was unable, because of the bright light.

The doctor poked him with a needle, whatever he gave Izuku it made him feel very sick.

Izuku was sweating profusely. His entire body ached, it was difficult for Izuku to even turn his head. And he kept coughing out blood.

They kept Izuku like this for a while, until they decided to see the effect of what they did to him by performing vivisection on him.

Izuku was awake and aware throughout the whole thing. The doctor had cut open Izuku's stomach and dug around his insides.

He wasn't alone, the doctor was talking to someone. If not mistaken, the man was talking via video chat.

"Doctor, anything new with the project?"

"I'm currently examing the test subject, sir. He's one of the quirkless ones, Izuku Midoriya, a 14-year-old boy." The doctor spoke. "I've injected him with the DX-1118-C virus exactly 2 hours ago and I'm examing the damage..."

"Yes... What have you learned?"

"Unfortunately, nothing new... The subject's organ system is flooded with the virus..." The doctor spoke, as he poked around Izuku's intestines. "His body's temperature has risen to extreme levels... Severe blood contamination, it changed its colour into a darker shade of red... The body's immune system has turned on itself and instead of safeguarding the vital organs, it attacks them... I'd say the boy will die in the next 2 hours of complete organ failure."

"This has to be the 200th subject you killed, no?" The voice remarked. "Was there any progress made at all?..."

"That's 207th, to be exact... And sadly, no... I tried to make the virus evolve and become airborne, but no such thing has happened..." The doctor stopper poking Izuku's organs and put his surgical instruments on a tray. "Currently, the virus can only spread by bodily fluid contact, trough open wounds and by injection, which is how I gave the virus to subject 207 in the first place... The virus alone has incredible difficulties finding a host since it's incapable of crossing large water bodies and it needs special conditions in order for it to stay alive in the environment; too hot, or too cold and it'll die out... But even with a host, it still can hardly infect anyone, since it kills whoever carries it faster than it could spread to someone else..."

"Is that how it is? I have invested a lot of money into your experiment and I was expecting good news."

"Yes, I know, sir... But as much as it pains me to say it, this project is a complete failure, it's best if we move on to something else... Speaking of which, Project Nomu shows a lot of promises, I believe that it will benefit the League of Villains much more than the DX-1118-C virus."