08

trigger warning: abuse

The week had passed faster than expected and Jimin sat in the crowded train on his way back home from his night shift at the bookstore. Crowded places always left him with a feeling of anxiety rushing through his mind - there are too many people, too many bodies being too close to him. Loud noises and weird smells. He sunk into his seat, his head resting against the window as he counted the stops left before he finally could get out of this moving hell.

The tensed and anxious feeling just added onto his already tired and stressed self. His body longed for his huge, soft bed and a resting sleep though he knew that there was no safety or comfort he desperately yearned for. He pulled a hair tie on his wrist and let it snap against it, in order to ease his urge to cry. The stinging feeling calmed him down a little bit as his bus stop finally came.

After leaving the crowded train, Jimin started to walk home. It was dark outside, a refreshing cold filling the silent Friday night. He stopped in front of his house, observing the front window where flickering light of a tv dimly illuminated the front porch.

He's still awake

Debating wether to go inside or not he put  himself  together, unlocked the front door and stepped inside.
The piercing smell of alcohol flooded his senses immediately as he silently tiptoed to his room.  His father though seemed to somehow recognize the noises.

"Jimin?", he mumbled.

Anxiety rushed though his body. He froze in place not daring to make a single move, heart starting to race while trying to hold his breath.

"Jimin, I fuckin' know you're here", his voice filled with venom slurred.

He heard heavy, stumbling footsteps coming closer. A silent tear slipped down his face, her body seemingly paralyzed and not able to move, eventhough every single cell told him to run away, run and never turn back again.

He sounds so angry
It's all my fault, god please I'm so dumb
Why is this happening
I have to get out of here

His father appeared in his sight with a broken glass bottle in his right hand, the left one clawed onto the door frame in order to keep his balance. His eyes seemed to be focused on him, piercing through his mind.

"You...You ruined it!! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!!", he screamed, his voice cracking. Jimin still was frozen in place, observing his drunk father with his eyes flushed wide open in terror. "I HATE YOU LITTLE BRAT, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!"

He made a step forward and it took mere seconds for him to grab Jimin and slam him into the wall behind and swing the sharp bottle into his direction, only merely missing anything vital while piercing through his right arm. He screamed in pain - finally coming to his senses of getting the fuck out there as fast as possible because this was serious. He never experienced his father that aggressively. Stumbling to the front door he tried to escape but his father was faster than he thought, grabbing him by his wrist, making hin fall onto the ground with a loud thump that made him wince in pain. He groaned as a foot kicked his ribs. His jaw was clenching, he was hissing in pain and his eyes were full of tears.

His strong kick made him stumble back, fighting to keep his balance. Jimin quickly got up to his feet, groaning, using the distraction to escape, grabbing his backpack and rushed out of the front door. He never stopped running, his feet carrying her nowhere certain but anywhere far away from his father. His sight was blurry, hit tears streamed down his face.

It is too much. Too much. Too much. I can't.

After minutes of running, that felt like hours, his body collapsed onto the pavement. Lungs aching, weak, powerless. He breathed heavily, sobbing loudly. Slowly looking up, he realized he had no idea where he was. Tall buildings, an empty road, a bridge. It was dark and cold outside. He was scared. So so scared. Holding his head and breathing heavily he closed his eyes in an attempt to calm down.

After catching his breath a little bit, his body started to tremble - the adrenaline and anxiety flushed through his tired, aching body and as his arms were hugging his legs he took out her phone. He needed help. Now. And only one name came into his mind. A beautiful name, giving him hope, calming her down. Because he knew he would be safe with him. That he would take care of him. His cold fingers scrolled through his contacts until they were hovering over one specific contact, pressing down immediately.

Calling Jungkook...

"Hello?"

"Hi", he sniffled.

"I know it's super late b- but I don't know who else can help me. I-Im so sorry. I need your help Jungkook. I-i don't know where I am", a sob left his mouth.

"Hey, hey, hey don't apologize, I haven't slept anyways. I'll come and pick you up ok? Can you send me your location?", his soft and calming voice hummed.

"Y-yes I can do that"

"Ok, stay right there ok? I'm coming."

-Call canceled-