3: An Adventure

A/N no ones reading this story what the hecc / this story is kinda getting me through a tough time (my brains just acting up) so yeah enjoy chapter 3 :)

I gulped, Jeremy was the only one up at the table and he was nervously tapping his foot.

"Should we ask the Headmistress?" I asked, I wasn't quite sure about all the rules and curfews yet.

"Nah, she won't mind" he replied. He turned to the door and started walking, I awkwardly followed. I could feel every single glance at me and Jeremy as we left the door. He beamed smugly.

"Most kids leave in ten minutes but I do something else." he continued to smile brightly. He ran down the hall outside and began to skip merrily. I felt footsteps behind me.
"Jeremy we're not going to get in trouble, right?"

"No way" he turned around to face me and his eyes went wide.

It was Viola. She was looking mad. She had a sneer on her face and a girl who I didn't know quivered behind her. She didn't even glance at Jeremy, she was too busy scowling at me. I felt angry. Who was she to tell me who my friends were.

"Ignore her" he said as he turned around and started skipping again. I followed him but I still felt Viola's glares.
We arrived upon a beach. The sun was a melting orange that faded into the violet sky. It was beautiful. We sat onto the soft sand and stared at the colours mixing into each other.

"It's absolutely lovely" I sighed.

" I know" he replied quietly, " I'm glad you're special, I like your company."

"Thank you" I tucked a loose hair behind my ear. "When did you realize you were special?" I asked.

"When I was 5, and my adoptive parents got scared of me so I ran away and Headmistress found me"

"What's Headmistress's name anyway, or her ability?"

"She has no name and is an empath but also she has every power that we have," he said proudly.

"Wait so when I became a student she gained my power?"

"Yup, it's getting kind of late though and we don't want to break curfew". The walk back was slow and quiet, I felt like there was something that Jeremy wasn't telling me.

I wanted to know my new power desperately but I didn't know to 'unlock' it or reveal it. Jeremy and I exchanged our farewells for now. And he said something under his breath, something about the headmistress, something I wanted to know.

I arrived to the room to get dressed for bed but was interrupted by... Viola. Could this girl do anything without bugging me? I knew she was about to say something about me but she- stayed quiet. I could tell she was judging me though. I grabbed my night clothes to change. Then she started talking again.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing much, the walk was too long"

"He didn't tell you" she muttered.

"Tell me what?" I asked. I knew he was hiding something.

"Can't say" she shrugged. I groaned. "I thought he would've told you by now, he's always talking about Maia this Maia that" she rolled her eyes. I couldn't help but blush ... I never felt needed as a friend. I got ready for bed and turned off the lights. Viola had fallen asleep. I thought to myself: what a long day...