The friendly skies

One-shot challenge with Harrypanther: The following sentences have to be uttered in the story: "I swear I didn't do it!", "Yak stampede", and "Mom heard from her neighbour who heard from your dad that....."
Pairing: Hiccstrid

Words: minimum 2500

The friendly skies

The International Berkian Airport was crowded as per usual today as several cabin crew members and the pilots made their way through security. The pilots were dressed in black trousers and blazers along with a white button-up shirt. They wore no ties and the only thing to indicate their ranks were the difference in pilot wings upon their left breast pockets and the epaulets on their shoulders. The cabin crew walking with them was dressed smartly as well and wore a cobalt blue uniform with scarlet red scarfs or ties.

The crew easily made it past security and they headed to one of the crew lounges as a collective. One of the finer things about the Berkian Airport was that it hosted the crew in state of the art lounges. There were automatic check-ins as well as briefing rooms for the cabin crew. Other amenities even included free Wi-fi, computer terminals, cold and hot beverage stations as well as dry-cleaning services and showers.

The large cabin crew filed into one of the bigger conference rooms and each found a seat as they were being handed data on their next flight.

Hiccup, who was one of the stewards, was reading through the first page of data while waiting for their pilots to start the meeting.

Both Mala and Throk stood at the head of the table and glanced at everyone. Mala, being their pilot this flight, called the meeting to order. "First off I would like to welcome our newest cabin crewmember Atali Maiden."

Atali gave a short nod and wave to the Captain and the rest of the crew before Mala continued.

"Now as you all know we are assigned to a Boeing A380 for this trip. The callsign will be Berkian Three-Nine Heavy and departure time is set at 1900 hours. Our final destination will be AUH, Abu Dhabi International Airport. There will be a one-stop transit and refueling period at CIA, Cairo's International Airport, lasting two hours. The flight duration is supposed to take 13 hours and 45 minutes in total." Mala relayed to the crew she would be serving with.

"Our arrival ETA is set at 9:45 AM the following morning. Weather reports state that there will be light turbulence over the Atlantic due to a sudden shift in atmospheric pressure but we'll be having clear skies. For now, feel free to rest up for what will be a long journey. We will announce who will handle boarding procedures within an hour." Throk, the co-pilot, stated as the crew nodded and checked the information that they were given before exiting the briefing room.

"So cuz, what do you think of the new hire?" Snotlout asked as he jabbed Hiccup in the side. "She's a looker ain't she."

"Snot do you have a crush?" Hiccup asked slyly as he and his cousin headed to one of the seats in the lounges.

"No... No.. NOOO" Snotlout sputtered and became slightly red as Heather, one of the stewardesses assigned to First class, clapped him on the shoulder.

"He most definitely has a crush!" She said with a smirk that promised matchmaking in the future. The trio found a comfy set of chairs in the lounge and sank into it. They were soon joined by their other colleagues Fishlegs, Astrid, and the troublesome duo more commonly known as Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

The others took the seats opposite while Astrid scooted closer to Hiccup. She then proceeded to hand Hiccup a cup of hot chocolate.

"T...Thanks, Astrid." Hiccup blushed as he took the offered beverage.