Chapter 1

//A/N//:
Don't forget to check out the original (created and edited by us!) video trailers for this book as you read! They will be linked to the top of selected chapters! Also, feel free to give us some feedback, we love talking to you beautiful people!

Edit/Disclaimer: It has been brought to our attention that some scenes in our book resemble the 'House of Night' series. A lot of our writing inspiration comes from mythology and paganism. Sisi is a practicing pagan and draws inspiration from her craft as well as nostalgic elements from what magic meant to us as children. We are by no means intending to copy content from any other creator, the ideas and creativity in this book are entirely our own.

Happy reading
- Katie and Sisi

———

I'm such a cliche, you thought to yourself, as you were packing your family's grimoire carefully into your suitcase.

Of all the monsters, mythological creatures and fairytale characters, I had to go and be a witch.

You sighed heavily, closing your suitcase and jumping on it so you could attempt to zip it up.

You were the daughter of two seemingly ordinary but talented sorcerers, growing up in a small cottage away from the hustle and bustle of the big city nearby.

Your parents were fiercely protective of you for as long as you could remember, rarely letting you out of their sights.

But now look where you are, being sent away to a magic boarding school in South Korea of all places.

You slid off your suitcase, turning around to grip the handle and pull it off the bed.

"I'm ready!" you yelled in the direction of your door.

You were 19 years old, having already finished all four years of regular high school in your hometown, as did all gifted kids before attending their specialized schools. 

You didn't want to leave, you liked it here. You were planning on attending the Aurox Magic Preparatory Academy for your second year, the same specialized school your parents went to and graduated from. It was where all your friends were, all the gifted kids you grew up with. The school was only an hour's drive away and for your whole life it seemed like it was going to be your only option.

And you were fine with that.

You pushed your suitcase out into the hall with the other two you had packed beforehand for your father to get, trudging down the stairs towards the front door.

You slid on your shoes and threw on your coat before grabbing your purse from the kitchen table.

Your mother appeared from outside, "The car is ready to take you to the airport sweetie."

"I'll just go put this into the trunk for you Y/N." your dad said, walking past you with your suitcases in tow.

You turned back to look at your house one last time, sighing again, this time hoping your mom would hear and feel sorry for you.

"I know you don't understand now, but trust me, in time you will." Your mother put her hand on your shoulder in a feeble attempt to comfort you.

You didn't reply, you just nodded in understanding. It's not like you had a choice right?

The comforting dull warmth emanating from her hand, a perk of her Fire Affinity, didn't even calm you down as struggled to swallow the lump in your throat.