Exposed

"My arms," Starvos thinks and he and Reya plummet towards the bay. They have the now familiar yellow haze around them, but he's too scared of hurting Reya even more than she already is. He doesn't know what to do, but he does know they are running out of time and quick.

"This is it, my fallen star," Dr. Mayhew thinks aloud, "now show us how you shine." He watches from the roof of a skyscraper across the bay.

"I want every second of their fall recorded," Anna Bone Vichi has ran to the overlook of the bridge with her camera man, Scott, who is still rolling.

Merrick's van screeches, as rounds a curve to an embankment in front of the bridge.

"Gia," Merrick orders as she hops out.

"I'm on it," she tells him. The van drives away as she focuses on the falling Starvos and Reya. She holds both of hands out and concentrates everything on them. She is able to capture them and they stop falling.

Starvos holds Reya as they stop in midair. He looks down at the water, with his arms still emitting the yellow haze. The crowd gasps above as they watch to see if the continue falling. They are stopped too far out and below the bridge for anyone on it to help them, but they still have a substantial drop to the water.

"I don't know what's happened," Starvos says to himself. He moves his arms to the side of him.

"Starvos," Reya drifting into consciousness, "you have to fly."

"Don't fight me, you idiots," Gila grunts from the embankment.

Winston watches is fear with the rest of the crowd.

"Dr. Mayhew knows what he's doing, I think . . ." he says in a whisper.

"Droids," Dr. Mayhew has pressed a Bluetooth in his ear, while staring at Gila's general direction, "attack her."

"Ahhg," Gia moans as she is taken down by a droid, losing her concentration on Starvos and Reya, and letting them fall, once again.

The crowd on the bridge gasps upon seeing them fall again.

"Merrick," Sage calls out standing by the van, looking out to the bridge. Merrick comes out from behind the van.

Starvos and Reya fall forward, with Starvos's free hand falling forward first.

"I need to fly," Starvos thinks as they fall. Yellow beams fly from his free hand and immediately go under them, forming an oval. It catches them and Starvos is able stand on the oval that his yellow rays have formed. He, still holding Reya, zips out over the bay at a high speed.

"He did it," Sage smiles and is relieved, "he finally did it."

"Ladies and gentleman, this is a sight to see," Anna Bone Vichi reports, "it appears that the fallen star only known to us as Starvos, can fly. That's right, you can believe ears, I said he can fly. You can even see it and believe it."

"You've picked the wrong lady to mess with tonight," Gia tells two droid-hybrids as she holds them in place with her telepathy. She claps her hands together and they smash into each other. A different tube from a third droid-hybrid whips towards only to be stopped when she turns around and glares at it. She snaps her fingers and swings her arm back to rip it from the droid-hybrid. The droid-hybrid is then lifted into the air and she swings herself in a turn to throw it into the bay.

"Must exterminate," she hears one of the droid-hybrids that she slammed into another one call out.

"How are you still operating?" she asks herself as she turns back to them. Each of the droid-hybrid now stands, obviously damaged and they each whip out coiled tube at her, each one securing one of her arms.