I Should Probably Stick to Fanfiction

My hair blew behind me in a halo as I stood on a balcony. I inhaled the sea breeze and relaxed a little bit. It was nice to be somewhere alone for a little while. I was never alone when I was being the mockingjay, or girlfriend, or friend. As much as I love people, I really needed my space right now, because now I never have my thoughts to myself. I looked at my schoolbag that I had dropped next to the door of the balcony.

I was surprised to find this place in the little room where Haymitch tried to end his life. I was clearing the tower that he made, when I found this door that led in a spiral upstairs. This amazing balcony overlooked the sea in the form of a rock. There was a sign on this door saying that this outlook looked exactly like a rock to anyone who would be passing by. We could go up here, but we had to be quiet, because they could still hear us. Like that would be much of a problem for me.

I strode across the room and picked up my school bag. I shifted through it, trying to find my math textbook. I may be the mockingjay, but that doesn't excuse the schoolwork that I have to catch up on. I dug through my bag.

"Wizard God help me now." I muttered.

I couldn't find my textbook. Maybe if I dumped my bag out, it would suddenly appear in my bag. I dumped my bag and I sifted through books and papers that were every other subject but math. Just my luck. I sighed and proceeded to stuff everything back into my schoolbag. I zipped it up and put it back near the door. I attempted to go back towards the edge of the balcony, when I tripped owner a book. Was it my math book? No, it was something even worse. It was... a diary.

It may not seem scary now, but let me tell you, after you had someone go through your diary and blackmail you into doing their dirty work in seventh grade, it isn't so pleasing to have a diary appear.

I remember getting this diary, no that is too deep name, journal, when I first came to Atlantis. It was given to me in a counseling session to help 'gather my thoughts' about the games. I thought it was a bunch of baloney. I traced my hands over the black cover of the diary, sh*t, JOURNAL. I traced my hands over the black cover of the journal. Maybe I should write in it. My hands itched to write something. Anything that would help me get my thoughts together would be welcome.

I reached for my backpack and took out a black pen. I opened my journal to the very first page and wrote the first sentence.

"Up, up, up time for a big, big day!" My mother calls to me mimicking Effie Trinket whom my mother talks about occasionally, and in her opinion, I'm much too young to meet.

***

I shook my hand out. It was cramping with all of the writing that I have been doing. I decided that would be enough for today, so I put my journal away and put my head back. Bringing up unpleasant memories were horrible. Usually, I bury them deep down so I won't have to face them. I guess writing is the only place where I can get my feelings out.

I heard footsteps coming up the staircase. I looked behind me and saw that Rye was running up the stairs. She burst through the door and looked wildly around.

"Hey." I said.

Rye spun around and relaxed when she realized that it was me.

Oh, hi.

She sat down next to me.

"Are you okay? You seemed awfully ruffled when you were barreling up the stairs. Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, concerned.

No, I really don't.

"Whatever you want."

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes.

What's that diary-

"Journal."

you're holding?

"I've been writing about my time in the games. I just needed to clear my thoughts about everything."

Oh.

There was another awkward silence.

"I should probably go find my math textbook and work on my math." I said.

She nodded.

"I'll see you later."

I booked it out of there. Let me explain myself. I know that Rye is my best friend but she has been either avoiding me, or has been digging into my business. I think that there's something she's hiding. I bet she's secretly dating that hot guy that she's been hiding. Speaking of hot guys, Dale came around the corner.

I hid in the doorway that was closest to me. He didn't see me. he walked past me, and I crept up on him from behind.

"KAW!"

I screamed a battle cry as I launched in the air with as much agility as a duck with one leg. Dale spun around and caught me.

Damn it.

"Look what fell out of the sky." Dale said

"Tweet." I replied.

He kissed my forehead and put me down.

"I'm bored." I whined.

"I wish that I could help you, but I have to do some military stuff. Something about protecting the Mockingjay on her next mission." Dale not so subtly tried to get away until it was too late.

"WHAT MISSION??" I jumped him.

"Tell me. Tell me. Tell me." I started a chant.

He pushed me off his back. He looked into my eyes. His thumb brushed a loose hair off my cheek.

"I'll tell you later." he whispered.

I nodded and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I started pulling away when Dale intervened.

"Prim? You should wear your hair down more often. It looks good on you."

I smiled and went down the halls until I came across my room. I sat down on my bed and opened up my computer.

I went on the website fanningfix.net. Once Upon A Time I lived my life on this website. I opened up my popular Harry Potter fanfic. I know, the series is old, but it's eternal. I guess, that is what I love about it. With everything that changes in my life, I have a sense of control of Harry Potter. It inspires me to think in places that I would of never thought of before. I haven't updated since the games. I cringed. It's time to work some Harry Potter magic.

***

I clicked the update button. at least that will get the fans off my back. I looked at my journal peeking out of my bag. I looked through what I wrote. Maybe I could of put some of it up on the site saying it is a Primrose Mellark fanfiction. I cringed at the first couple of chapters, closed the journal and put it in my desk.

Maybe I should stick to fanfiction

*************************

Heyyo Blood of OLYMPUS update. Wow I can't believe that it's been so long since... STARKID UPDATED US WITH ANI!!! IM STILL GOING THROUGH MY PERCABETH FEELS SO HSHAAHAHS

~Eat_sleep_swim04