Chapter Fifteen - "What are we?"

---

---

---

"I can't believe you Error! After everything!" Ink scolded, pacing back and forth in his living room. Error was sat on the couch, slightly curled up on himself as he looked at the floor with a scowl.

It was evening time now, only a bit of sunlight still left in the sky. The window was open letting in a cooling breeze, the curtains flowing every time a stronger wind would pick up. The sky was clear, letting the oranges, reds and blues of the sky be known to anyone who was able to view it.

"I thought you were trying to be better Error." Ink glared down at him with his arms now crossed. He had stopped pacing finally. "Then you pull this off and end up having the police called on you." Ink was making hand gestures to no tomorrow. "I'm very disappointing in you." The creator said in a low tone. He no longer felt the need to yell at him to get his point across, being sure that Error was actually listening to him now. Plus, like some people say, yelling at them makes them listen to your voice and will only make the situation worse. If you talk to them in an angry but quiet voice they tend to listen to your words and understand what you're trying to say and why your mad at them. Yet, you usually have to use it on children not a full grown adult. Ink mentally sighed at the thought of it.

"Look, I'm sorry, but-"

"No 'buts', Error." Ink quickly cut him off. "I don't want to hear it." He shook his head. "I will take the apology but I don't want to hear any made up excuses."

The glitch rolled his eyes, "sorry mom."

"Don't give me that sarcasm either." Ink scolded once again.

Error shook his head, "please let me explain what happened, Ink. It's not what you think." Error tried reasoning with the creator. "I didn't go to the shop early in the morning to cause a fight. I went early so I didn't have to be around people. That moron in that shop started it!"

"Why were you out that early?"

"I wanted to go to the small shop and get something like snacks and that." He gestured to the direction of the shop as he spoke. "I didn't want to be in a small space with another person so I went early instead of in the afternoon."

"And about the other monster that wanted to do the same?"

Error growled as he thought about it. "Yeah, he was a monster alright. A horrific one." He looked Ink dead in the eye, "not as bad as me though." He mumbled the last bit under his breath as he looked away once again unable to hold eye contact for that long. He just felt awkward.

Ink let is arms drop to his sides and he walked closer to the glitch, sitting next to him. "Did you know his name?"

Error shook his head and refused to answer.

"Cmon Error. I need to know so maybe we can go talk to them and sort out whatever fight you two had this morning."

Once again the glitch denied to answer his question.

Ink thought for a moment, "hm, have you met him before?" That earned a nod from the glitch. "Was it recent?" He shook his head. "So you met him a long time ago?" A nod. "Were they... A bad person?" Error hesitated before nodding. "I see." Ink sighed.

"I knew them when I first started my occupation you could say." Error did air quotes around 'occupation'. "It was a long time ago. A few hundred years back."

"We've been fighting for a few hundred years? Yeesh." Ink chuckled lightly.

Error continued, "we used to fight all the time, sometimes play fighting, sometimes arguing. Sometimes both." He shrugged. "This time, it was hateful. Spite filled the air when we first started arguing back and forth. then we started fighting. I think someone just got worried after seeing the blood on his hoodie. The fucker is always killing for fun."