CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE- NIGHTMARES

     Mirajane was awoken to the sound of loud and eerie static

Mirajane was awoken to the sound of loud and eerie static. Mirajane found herself waking up and looking around the room, almost in desperate manner. Like her dream self knew of something that her conscious didn't. Both of her soulmates strong arms were still draped around her stomach like a blanket as they laid asleep. She gently began the task of removing both Pietro's and Wanda's arms. Once untangled from her soulmates limbs, Mirajane got off the large mattress. The grey shirt that Mirajane had stolen from Pietro fell to about her lower thigh and slightly hiked up as she moved throughout what appeared to be their room. Except, Mirajane had never seen the room before. It was unlike anything seen scene, yet there was odd, almost eerie and sinister familiarity of the bedroom. She glanced at the white walls. There wasn't really much to the scenery that would send off alarm bells. Everything just so... so normal and mundane. Her dream seemed untouched by the horrors of Hydra.

That when it sent it. The walls; walls were something out of her childhood home. A home that she had shared with her father and mother. A home she almost long forgotten. She wanted to stop, and look at them but her feet continued to move against her. Against her will. The light at the end of the hallway began to flicker on and off. Which made her frown in confusion. She glided over to it and gave it a confused look that it rather deserved. Her fingers flicked against it lightly until the light stood perfectly still. From there, she moved into the room that was closest. The room looked similar to the rest; Normal, maybe too normal. The only thing that was different was that it had balcony. She drifted towards it. Opening the glass doors allowed the bright and looming moonlight to seep into the darkness of the bedroom. Her finds ghosted across the cold exterior of the white rail as she over looked a vast and open forest below. It was strange. The night sky didn't help it normal coldness or even a a slightly wind. The air was filled with a sort of stiffness and tension that she couldn't quite place her finger on.

"Mary, it's so good to see you again." It was then that she saw the man standing behind her with a wicked smile and dark violet eyes. " My have you grown since I visited you and your father when you were nothing more then mere new born. I assume your ready to make the deal. Just sign your name and all this could be yours. Just for simple fee of your soul."

" I don't make deals with demons. Especially, dream demons." The voice was not her own. It was softer, more soothing but at the same time, it held a new level of hostility that scared her. He chuckled darkly. He flick his wrist and she was thrown against the wall that was closet to the balcony with a loud BANG on the wall. She groaned in pain. He laughed again and before she knew it, he was standing in front of her with a wicked smile.

" You forgotten Winchester, your in my domain now. And since your father pathetic protection prayer and spell is now gone since your no longer a child, I'll be in dreams every time you close your eyes and slip into the dream world." He paused and leaned closer to her face. " I know ways to get even the toughest of souls to break. And you got all the time in the world to figure out what I mean."

Something began to slice though her stomach, and began to spread out to the rest of her whole body tell the pain was unbearable. That's when she heard it. She heard her own scream.  A loud and blood curdling scream of true pain and suffering. The scream seemed to echo out in her head as she fought against the force that was locking her to the wall. He laughed again and then was gone like the darkness had swallowed him whole. Flames slowly started to erupted around her, the audible sound of soulmates cries were faint but loud enough to let her know of their pain that dream demon was no doubtably causing. The flames only got higher and high tell they were eventually eating her whole.

" Mary!" Pietro calls,

Mirajane doesn't remember nightmares this bad, at least not like this.

This nightly visions was the first of it's hellish kind. It was so overwhelming. At first the nightmare had been so vague, bright pastel lights and soft faded hues of a peaceful world just out of her reach, beckoning with hidden warmth from some safer place beyond the reality that she lives in. But all too quickly the promise of warmth fades, and swells of darkness became unstable; uncontrollable; choatical.  The dream becoming devoid of light. A horrifying nightmare.

Those images had been far different to her other nightmares, they shift and change, various views of haunted memories and future fears. And cries. Dear god the cries, The wails of the twins, her twins, somewhere in the distance, inconsolable, in pain and suffering. It's truly sickening and scary.

Her panic is pendulum.  Everything is spinning out of control that she finally wakes up.

Mirajane sits up in bed, gasping for air, clutching her stomach. She can't breathe. Her hair is damp with sweat, her cheeks wet with tears as she takes a deep breath, shivering against the cool night air of the Hydra base. She back in reality.

"Love?" Pietro pulls himself up beside her, soft blue eyes so full of concerned, and his lips adorably frowning. He reaches for her, and she immediately melts into the safety of his embrace, still struggling to even breathe. He presses his lips to her forehead, murmuring into her hair as she burrows against his chest. "Nightmares?"

Mirajane nods, focusing on Pietro, how warm he is, how his bare skin pressed against hers, his ever present heat chasing the cold from her bones and her thoughts. He is real, alive, breathing, unlike the dead man in her nightmares. Pietro whispers unintelligible nothings to her as he wipes away her tears with her gentle thumbs, framing her face, tilting it back ever so slightly to place a tender kiss on Mirajane's lips.

" Your okay love. We're right here." He soothes. Mirajane nods, resting her head against his shoulder. Pietro gently nods before leaning them back into their fluffy pillows. He lets Mirajane nestle against his taller body. Mirajane instinctively tangles her legs through Pietro's. Pietro natural reaction is to lightly grin, eyes bright as he looks down at her with childish glee. He glanced over at his sleeping twin who just moved closer to them and curls up behind Mirajane. He smiles. He loves his soulmates.