Leave

08.58 AM. FEB 7th 2015.
吴亦凡
WÙ YÍFÀN

THE JOURNAL CLOSES. I put the journal and her pen on her table. I look at her in the eyes, that were looking at me already. I see the uneasiness in her eyes. Her face is so pale that I do not think you can compare it to a snow.

"Are you ready for the surgery?"

"No."

"Stay strong okay?"

"Yes."

9.17 AM. FEB 7th 2015.
이태용
LEE TAEYONG

THESE SEVEN DAYS, I DO NOT KNOW HOW I RAN INTO LICHENG MORE OFTEN. I could not feel my legs as I sit in this wheelchair. I have not even adapted to sitting on it, yet something already feels off.

"Hey Taeyong, H- oh gosh." I turn my neck to the left, seeing sadness from her eyes. Her face ashens.

"Your legs... I'm very sorry." she covers her mouth. She sits on the chair beside me.

"It's okay though." I chuckle, pretending as if it really is.

"I'm very sorry. Honestly, I'm sorry." she sighs as she holds my left shoulder.

"It's just for now. Maybe I'll get prosthetic legs soon. Not enough money at the moment." I try to smile.

She lets out a shaky breath. She seems sorrowful.

"You see, I dance. Let me tell you, dancing was the only way I could express myself. I know you think 'this guy is bothered but why won't he talk?' the thing is, now that my legs are gone, I don't think I would ever express myself again." I feel some tears threatening to fall.

"Don't. You'll burden yourself. Just express it through something else. If you don't know, at least you still have time."

"We both don't even know if we have much time left... Anyways, how about you?"

"I just finished craniotomy surgery."

"What's that?"

"Basically, a piece of your bone is removed from your skull."

09.58 AM. FEB 7th 2015.
3 인칭 시점
THIRD PERSON VIEW

"MS. LEE AND MR. LEE?" a nurse calls them.

"Yes?" Taeyong's mother answers with her highly strung face.

"I'm sorry, but Taeyong's cancer has spread to his heart and his blood. This cannot be saved even with heart transplantation."