Chapter 70

A/N: There is some POV change in this chapter so be prepared for that.

Rae's POV 

"Rae I need you to stay an extra hour and close." My boss says walking by to leave. 

"Ma'am, I have been here all day." I tell her. 

"I know, but I need you to close tonight because my shift is over and David didn't show up." She says continuing to walk away. 

I groan when the door shuts sitting at the bar seat of the dinner for the first time all day. I got here at 8 this morning and I was supposed to get off 3 hours ago at 5 but she told me she need me to stay so I had to. 

It's been two months since graduation and this has been my life since then. I got the job a week after Graduation and I haven't had any real time off since then. It has made my life miserable but I have been able to help out with bill with James and a few other things. BUT, I also haven't really spent time with Demi, Elle or James except on the weekend. Demi and I got in a fight about it yesterday so I haven't talk to her all day making it harder to get through the day.

As the extra hour comes to a close and it is 9 and no one has come in so I walk to the door and lock it then start cleaning up for the night. When I am done cleaning I head out to Demi's car that she has been letting me barrow when she doesn't have other plans. I turn it on and jump at the music I left blasting this morning. I look at my phone contemplating texting Demi Like I usually do to tell her I am on my way home and that I love her but I decide against it knowing she is mad at me. 

As I pull up to a stop light I groan because I just want to get home and sleep thats all I want is to go to sleep. The light turn green and with out looking I accelerate quickly as possible when suddenly I see everything shift to the side and there is a loud bang to my right making me look over. 

I see that there is a car in the side of mine and my eye widen. I go to move when I feel sharp pains all over my side making me groan. 

I look down to see glass all in my side and I feel the world start to spin before everything goes black. 

"Ma'am, can you hear me?" I groan looking up to see a man looking down at me. "Ma'am, can you squeeze my hand. I do and he nods and continue to tell me to do things. 

Suddenly I can't breath and I am coughing gasping for breath and everything goes black again.

**** Demi's POV ****

I wake up to pounding on my door and I groan annoyed knowing that Rae forgot her damn key again. I slowly get up with Sarge following behind me confusing me because When Rae is outside the door he usually freaks out. 

I open the door to see my mom standing at my door crying. 

"Mom, what's going on?" I ask frantically, mom doesn't cry. 

"James, just called me." She says quickly. "Rae has been in- in an accident, he is on his way to the hospital but he wanted me to be the one to tell you and take you to the hospital if you want." She explains. 

I quickly throw on some clothes and shoes making sure Sarge had food and water before meeting my mom at the car.

When we get there I rush in and I see James sitting down with his face in his hands. I quickly walk over and sit next to him making him look up. 

"How bad?" I say trying to keep my cool. 

"It's not good at all." He says and I feel my resolve break. "They aren't sure she will make it, but we won't know until after surgery."