1

Albus' POV

Scorpius and I ran into the empty classroom full of excitement, Scorpius slammed the door behind us.

"I can't quite believe I did that." He says pacing back-and-forth.

"I can't quite believe you did that either," I say punching his arm playfully.

"Rose Granger-Weasley. I asked out Rose Granger-Weasley!"

"And she said no." I remind him,  shaking my head at his behavior.

"But I asked her. I planted the acorn. The acorn that will grow into our future marriage!" It is at this moment that I realize no matter what I say he will never get down from whatever cloud he was sitting on.

"You are aware that you're an utter fantasist," I say practically pushing him out of the classroom.

"And I would agree with you— only Polly Chapman did ask me to the school ball...." he says as we head down the several flights of moving stairs towards the main hall.

"In an alternate reality where you were significant— and I mean really significantly more popular— a different girl asked you out- and that means—"

"And yes, logic would dictate I should be pursuing Polly— or allowing her to pursue me— she's a notorious beauty, after all— but a Rose is a Rose." He says in a dreamlike tone, and I roll my eyes, when did my best friend become such a lady's man?

"You know logic would dictate that you're a freak? Rose hates you." I didn't say that to hurt his feelings only to snap him back to reality, but it doesn't appear to be working.

"Correction, she used to hate me, but did you see the look in her eyes when I asked? She pity's me." I'm pretty sure it was more of a discussed than pity, but there's no use in trying to stop him.

"And pity's good?" I ask as we step onto another set of moving stairs.

"Pity is a start, my friend, a foundation on which to build a palace— a palace of love."

"I honestly thought I'd be the first of us to get a girlfriend," I say rather quietly, I hadn't really thought about it until now, and even with Delphi I felt more of high respect then romantic attraction, but honestly what's the difference?

"Oh, you will, undoubtedly, probably that new smoky-eyed Potions professor- she's old enough for you right?" He says jokingly, but I give him a glare nonetheless.

"I don't have a thing for older women!" I say a little too loud making other students look at us.

"Well, you've got time— a lot of time— to seduce her. Because Rose is going to take years to persuade." He laughs with a mischievous smile that in a way brings out his gray eyes.

"I admire your confidence."

Suddenly out of what feels like nowhere Rose passes us in the stairway, she stops as if debating on whether to face us, then turns and grabs Scorpius' cloke "Hi." Scorpius and I stay dead quite not sure how to respond.

"This is only going to be weird if you let it be weird." She says in her Stern voice.

"Received and entirely understood," Scorpius says fidgeting with a hole in the sleeve of his cloak.

"Okay. "Scorpion King," Rose says then quickly walks away with a smile on her face, I don't really know what to make of that or how I feel about it, I look over at Scorpius he seems happy, so I decided to be happy for him and put on a smile.

"Maybe you're right— pity is a start." I laugh as we head down the stairs towards the courtyard.

"Are you heading to Quidditch? Slytherin is playing Hufflepuff— it's a big one—" he says picking up his pace to keep up with me.