Rvb S10 E8 "Painful News"

Past/Church Household
It was quite a peaceful day for Leo as he lied on his bed reading his favourite book. It was finally the school holidays, meaning he no longer had to torture his mind for a few weeks. But, while that brought him joy, what's the point if he can't share it with his Mother?

Sure they're still Dad and Sis, but he thinks they'd rather have fun with other folks besides him. Though things have been getting better, Lina doesn't completely ignore him now, but instead just criticise him. At least she's finally talking to him so, improvements though he can't say the same for his Dad, he still giving him the cold shoulder and sometimes Leo wishes that shoulder could just heat up.

Anyway, it's been about a month since Allison left. During those months, Leo has gotten messages from her time to time, asking "How are you doing?" or "Are you doing your homework?". While, most messages he smiles at, some just making him groan in annoyance. But strangely he hasn't received any messages from here for a while, maybe she was to busy to text him or phone him? She was fighting in a war after all. Leo gets pulled out of his thoughts, when he hears someone knock on the front door.

Leo: (Confused) Huh? I thought Lina wouldn't be back for another hour?

Lina was currently working at her part time job and Dad had to head out after getting a call from work, leaving Leo alone in the house. Placing his book down, he hops out of bed and makes his way out of his room and down the stairs. He reaches the front door and opens it, but was definitely not expecting two men dressed in UNSC Officer uniforms, standing in front of him.

Leo: (Nervous) Um, can I help you?

The guy on the left takes off his cap and lowers it to his waist, looking at him with a sympathy expression.

Officer: Hi, is Leonard Church here?

Leo: No, he's not here right now.

Officer: Is their anyone else we could talk to?

Leo: No, It's just me... Is there a problem?

Officer: I believe it's best to wait, until your father is here.

Leo didn't like what was happening, two UNSC soldiers show up asking for his Dad, while looking at him with pity looks on their face. Something inside him knew what this was, but his mind wasn't picking it up.

Leo: Has... something happened.

Present/SandTrap
The Reds, Blues, and Carolina arrive at the desert. They all park beside an Elephant parked in the desert. Carolina gets off her mongoose and heads over to Wash.

Carolina: This where you found the body?

Wash: Yep, she's right up there.

Carolina: We'll see. Take me there. Sync.

Wash: Sync.

Caboose: Automatic dishwasher.

Wash hops out of his warthog and runs off with Carolina to find C.T's body as everyone watches them go.

Tucker: Man, where was this chick when we had that awesome tank? Bitches love tanks!

Zeta: I don't think Carolina would be that type of chick, Tucker.

Church: I don't get it. What is she looking for?

Tucker: You tell me! I don't know half of what's happening these days. You found me here remember?