Chapter 1

[Crossdressing Fanfiction]

———

Being Pretty

Chapter 1

[Izaya's POV]

I'm finally back … Back to the town where I almost died a few years ago, I thought as I looked out of the stationary train’s window. Nothing has changed…

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked off of the train and into the train station, then upon the street. I looked around at all the familiar buildings. My old apartment and work place, Russia Sushi. My former(?) enemies place of work(?). It's been almost four years and nothing has changed.

Well, I have changed. Or I liked to believe I had. I wasn't that arsehole I was. I didn't go around poking fun at everybody nor teasing anyone. I – myself – had changed. My fashion had changed. Even though I still wore my beloved coat and black jeans. Apart from that I was different. At first I thought there was something wrong with me. I wasn't supposed to like wearing lip gloss, ladies blouses, or even skirts. I'm not supposed to like or feel pretty, was I? But I couldn't help it, I could be the person I really was like this. I wasn't an arsehole like this. I suppose you could say I was a crossdresser. But then I didn't believe clothing had a gender attached to them. They were only a piece of material.

Today I was wearing my beloved coat, black jeans, black boots and a black silk blouse – that had a silver metal belt around the middle. My blouse was practically hidden underneath my coat. I preferred it like this though, I was scared what people would think of the new me. Before, I didn't used to care. I ignored their comments, gave an insult their way. But now I couldn't. Just couldn't. I was just too self-conscious of myself to even do that now.

I sigh, a different thought popping into my head. I lean up and touch a scar on my face, wincing at the memory. It was a bad fight – the worst. Me and my former-or not- enemy Shizuo Heiwajima had finally hit our match. We'd been fighting and trying to kill each other for years, even back in high school – when finally on that night four years back we finally hurt each other good and proper. We were both left in pain. I was beaten more than he was. He was stronger than I was. And still am. If anything had happened to him…

Broken, beaten – and with a small chance of survival I left town. Fighting  was no longer fun anymore. We had both got to the point where we were both fighting without a cause – my job as a Information Broker was no longer fun anymore. It had become boring and not what I had wanted to do anymore – so I left without a second thought.

My hand found it's way to my scar once more. A reminder of that night. I felt it throbbing. No, it's just in my head. Scars can't pain up.

As I walked to a hotel I was staying at, I saw people I recognised – Celty and Shinra – they were laughing - they were happy, of course. Celty could laugh now - she had her head back, of course. I watched Mikado, Masaomi, Anri and Saki sitting outside Russia Sushi - chatting, celebrating about something. I knew they had passed all their university qualifications a year or so back.

Then I saw him. And my heart sped up, and a smile couldn't help but form onto my lips. Shizuo – Shizu-chan, as I called him – was stood outside a café, coffee in one hand... no, it was most likely milk. Yes, milk that's the only thing I ever saw him drinking, and he was holding a cigarette in the other – he was smoking as usual. And he looked good – great in fact. He wasn't wearing his usual blue designer sunglasses, and his hair was messy. Oh god. The cuts and bruises on his face had healed, but there was a thin scar upon his cheek. I wonder what he's doing now? Does he still have the same job as a bodyguard? He's even cuter–