Chapter Two- Imitations

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this girl was like me in so man ways. The same brown hair, the same defensive look, the dark circles under her eyes, the distance from everyone else, the reluctant curiousity, everything. She had no friends, though. 

I paused in my jumping on the bed, hearing my mom get out of bed, and decided to keep jumping and throw my hands around wildly as the headphones in my ears blasted songs into my ears. I liked the songs, because they had the ability to speak in front of people, they could speak, and could sing. They could do it... in front of people.

Mom came through the door, and ripped the headphones from my ears, and forced me into the covers of my bed, now with creaky springs from my jumping. I closed my eyes, thinking about my duck, and showed my teeth in the dark, eyes still closed, and made a deformed smile. I will become her friend.

***

I started to the hallway, down to science first thing. I pulled away from my PARA teacher, and she clawed after me, a few kids staring or laughing or imitating me. I hated it when people imitated, not because it hurt. Because they were trying to be me, which made me think they underrstood.

No one ever understood.

The imitation is lying.

This made me stop for a moment, before I saw a familiar brown head, and I tore away yet again, just inches from my teachers grip, and the girl turned just in time for me to stop and stare. I held up a charm, a duck, hoping she would take it, and she did.

This got me excited, she wanted to be my friend. I jumped up and down, and felt a hand pulling me away, but I didn't care. I saw kids walking and shoving her, and I clicked my tongue softly, turning to get to my first class...

"Mushc"