Promise Me

"Okay me this, you will never get eaten by a Titan" Jean took my hands into his own.

"I promise" I giggled at the stern look he was giving you, all my life I could never take Jean serious.

He pulled me into a hug, grasping me tightly and securely in his arms.

"Don't forget me"

"I won't"

He kissed my cheek, and looked straight into my (e/c) eyes. I gave him one reassuring smile, and finally he let go and walked over to his family. Giving me one final glance, I waved him goodbye as he made his way into the boats.

It's been five years since then, since the last time I've seen Jean. I think about him often but not as much as before. Shaking the thought away, I was kinda ready for the day that I was awaiting for a while.

////////After Everything////////

One hour......one hour of listening to a guy practically making my ears bleed, and we were finally able to eat.

A loaf of bread, and water was all I needed to fill my stomach! The other smaller items on my plate didn't take much interest to me. To think I was starving earlier, not as much as that one girl who was eating a potato. I took a drink of my water.

Hmm.....I forgot her name...

"Wow so it is true? The titans did burst through the wall?!"

I did a spit take, horrifying images ran through my head of that exact day, I felt all eyes on me.

"Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Y-Yes" I caught my breath holding back the tears that were fighting to release. The unfamiliar boy patted my back and whispered "It's okay your fine now", by then everyone was already talking about the Titans again.

I quickly got up and walked out heading to my bunk, but I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry I'll be careful next time" I apologized not making eye contact with the person.

"It's alright- your name?"

"(Y/N)" I looked up to meet the guy I was talking to, and my heart skipped a beat.

"J-Jean?"

"(Y/N)!" He picked me up by my waist and spun me around

"What the hell at you doing here?!" he shouted

"I'm going to fight in the war" I whispered, my face turning bright red

He put me down, when I looked up at him, his entire expression dropped and he shook his head.

"No you shouldn't be here you could get hurt"

"Jean either way if I'm fighting in the war or if I'm out there, I'm going to get hurt, and physically isn't the only way"

"But you suffer more if you die being in the Scout Regiment, than being free. Your not risking your life"

"Jean! What would be the difference? If our friends die out in war, what would be different about the ones who at inside the wall, without having anything to run away with? What's the difference?"

His expression softened as his eyes meet mine.

"I just don't want to see you get hurt (Y/n)" he once again pulled me into a right embrace, just like when we were little. His arms wrapped tightly and securely around mine, as if he would let anyone come near me, it made me feel safe.

"Jean why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend? I'm a little hurt that you wouldn't tell your best friend" My face reddened and I pulled away from Jean.

"Marco you ass!" I've never in my life heard thing coming from Jean, I looked at him wide eyed, and he only shrugged at me.

"Hello- erm" I glanced at the freckled boy "Uh (Y/n)"

"Well Hello (Y/n) , I'm Marco very nice to meet you"

I looked at his figure, and I gave him a friendly smile, his voice though was oddly familiar.

"Are you okay now? From earlier I mean" Now I recognized his voice, he was the boy from earlier, the one who told me that everything was going to be fine.

"Wait? What happened earlier (Y/n)?"

"Come to think of it what did happen?"

"I- uh, what happened was- eh, J-just....nothing"

"Come on (Y/n) you can tell me anything" Jean added with a smile, I glanced back at Jean and Marco, and shook my head.

"I- I can't, excuse me" I pushed my way past them, once again making my way to my bunk.

"Hey (Y/n)! Wait up will ya?" I turned around to face Jean when of his hands were against both sides of my face, and his lips were planted against mine. Wide eyed I started at Jean, I pushed him off slightly.

"J-Jean, What did you? Why did you?"

He chucked "Because (Y/n) I've been waiting for a long time for this to happen" he blushed, my face got hot and I looked the other way.

"How could you have been waiting for something like this when it was your choice to leave? Couldn't something like this have happened a time ago?"

"(Y/n)- I" I broke away from Jean's grasp and walked away.

Finally reaching my destination, I laid down and covered my face deep within my pillow, letting the feeling I had kept inside for years, ever since he left, I let them flow free.

"You know you shouldn't give him such a hard time"

"I'm not, he is! Because he's just a stubborn headed horse face!"

"So Eren finally got to you huh?" he chuckled

"Ya so, whatever" wiping my eyes I looked at Marco who was smiling at me

"Jean is a very nice guy...uh...in his own way, well once you get to know him he is, and you (Y/n) have-" I gave him a weak smile "He is very stubborn I agree very much with you, but overall only you know how you feel he doesn't, so give him the very ray of light he needs, I has to come say this to you before lights out" he chuckled, I gave him a hug, his words stuck deep with in my brain. I have to say Marco does have a way with words.

I walked......No I ran to Jean's cabin, he was the only one there. I'm guessing everyone is talking about if first day of training tomorrow.

"Jean!" I shouted

His head immediately shot up, but as soon as he saw me his eyebrows came together, and his eyes dropped from me to the ground.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jean, I'm sorry I didn't mean to just walk away from you like that"

"Oh really...then what did you mean?" he replied using the same deep tone and it didn't change, his eyes never meet mine, they just stayed focused on the ground while mine brimming with tears focused on him.

To be Continued.........

What did you think? Bad right?😪 well anyway I hoped you at leased liked it, it's my first time writing something like this. I Love You Jean😍 anyway

Vote! Comment! Read!

😁✌️