Mornings

"You can stay the night if you like." Zelda says after wrapping Ike's leg.

"It's alright I'll go back to my place." He hugs her and closes the door behind him.

Outside, the August air is warm and pink runs through the sky. Ike smiles to himself and flies back to his palace in the airship.

"Tomorrow is Rosalina's birthday." Ike says to himself. He turns his head and stares at the clock on his bedroom wall. He yawns and stretches out of bed. When he is finally sitting upright at the edge of his bed, he hears the doorbell ring. "Who could that be?" he walks to the balcony of the staircase.

"It's Princess Zelda, my lord." Ike's butler says. He smiles and runs back to his room to change. "Good morning Princess Zelda." The butler says. She smiles and walks into the castle.

"Good morning. Such a fine castle this is." Zelda looks up at the chandelier hanging over the marble staircase. The sun cascades through the multiple windows and makes the chandelier sparkle. 

"Lord Ike is very proud of it since it belonged to his father." The butler says before walking away.

Zelda walks around the foyer and stops at a painting of Ike's sword.

"Admiring Ragnell?"

Zelda turns and sees Ike descending the stairs. She smiles and hugs him when he reaches her.

"Who painted this?" Zelda asks. She strokes the gold embroidery on the side of the frame. Ike holds her in his arms and says,

"My father...he painted many but this is the only one that was left."

"It's beautiful..." Zelda smiles.

"He would be happy to hear that. Also, did you come here to see me?" he asks.

"Yes. Let's take a walk." Zelda grabs Ike's arm and brings him outside. They hold hands and stroll by the castle for a moment. Zelda shudders a bit as a summer breeze blows by.

"Here take this." Ike takes his cape off and wraps it around her shoulders. She smiles and leans against him.

"Did you hear?...Rosalina's celebration is a masquerade What will you be wearing?"

Ike looks ahead into the sunrise.

"I didn't even know it was a masquerade..." He smiles to himself. Zelda smirks. They continue walking towards a small lake.

"I've never seen the sunrise this close before." Zelda says as she strolls around the rim of the lake. Ike walks next to her and nods.

"My father had this castle built facing the east so he could watch the sunrise everyday." *I don't think she would care about that! Stupid Ike!* he gives him self a mental face-palm.

Zelda laughs to herself as if she knew what he was thinking. Suddenly, she grabs Ike's shirt and pulls him close. They look into each others eyes for a moment until she surges forward and their lips are locked. Ike's eyes widen. But he relaxes and holds her closer. He starts walking with her, lips still pressed together. Nothing else matters now...but just then, they both feel as if they're falling. Zelda opens her eyes realizing that they're about to hit the lake and lets go of Ike abruptly as they crash into the water. *Shit I ruined the moment -_-* Ike thinks. He shakes his head and realizes Zelda isn't near. He looks around but she was no where in sight.

"Boo!" Ike jumps at the voice and quickly turns. He sees Zelda laughing and sighs.

"Zelda, you had me worried!" he complains. She laughs even harder and swims closer to hug him.

"I couldn't have gone too far. I don't swim that fast." She smiles.

Ike laughs and hugs her. As he lets go, she leans in and kisses him again.

Now, the sun has fully risen and the birds sing their morning song. Zelda holds Ike's hand and she teleports them out of the water onto the grass.

"Here I'll get a towel for you." Ike says. He runs to the castle, drenched himself.

Zelda sits on the ground smiling as she watches Ike.

~How long ago was it...when I was this happy?~ she thinks to herself.

When Ike comes back with towels he wraps one around Zelda first.

"Thank you." Zelda says. Ike sits next to her and holds her waist. She puts her head on his shoulder and they sit together until they fall asleep under the sun.