Starbucks

They had just seen each other again after years of being apart. Lance's life was better, he had his best friend with him.

Lance lived on the streets. He never told Keith, afraid of what the boy would think. So much had happened in the last three to four years.

He had found twenty dollars on the street and planned to go to Starbucks. He walked into the warm store. The wind blowing harshly outside, and snow swishing around.

He stood in line, waiting. "Hi, how can I help you?" The young lady at the front asked.

"Hi. Could I have a hot chocolate?"

"What size?" She asked. The girl was short with wild hair. It was a light brown with orange around for high lights. She wore round glasses and a green shirt. Her brown eyes had hints of yellow in them. "Um, what size, sir?" She asked again.

"Large." Lance said.

"Alright. You can sit down. We'll have it to you soon." She smiled.

Lance sat down at a table near a window.

He had found his best friend again, and he thought that they could go off where they left.

But when Lance's eyes met with Keith's for the first time in years, something seemed different.

Keith was so much older. His face was more mature. He had grown, and gained more muscle. Though the poor boy was just too small to seem threatening.

His hair had grown out, and become a darker black. His eyes were somehow full of sorrow.

Lance couldn't shake the feeling he felt when he saw Keith's eyes again. All the joy that once was in them was gone. Something had sucked it out.

His coffee was placed in front of him. He looked up to thank the person, but was met with violet like eyes.

"Keith?" Lance asked as he signed. Keith nodded. He smiled and then told Lance he worked here.

He couldn't do the register or the drive through, but he could take people drinks and make the coffee since he could read. Keith said he had a friend, Pidge, who knew ASL and helped him if he needed it.

Lance smiled at the thought. Keith working at Starbucks. The same place that gave Keith his hot chocolate many years ago, and ended up spilling it all over Lance. That was Lance's favorite day in his entire life.