35. Summons of His Majesty

Too tired to even open the doors of their rooms, everyone decided to just crash at Princess Aioria's apartment, where it was the closest to the stairway in which they climbed up. Being a frequent visitor of the Princess's room, Gilbert seemed to be right at home, as well as Prince Alexius. As for Reia, she was still a little edgy. She had been into the Princess's apartment for quite a few times already, but she was afraid to stay any longer than an hour as the Princess was extremely perceptive, being unable to see. The Princess knew of the things Reia was trying to deny, but did not say much since the person herself had refused to speak up, much to Reia's gratitude. Just as the Knight of Six sank down into the cushions of the Princess's apartment beside Gilbert, all their communicators rang in unison.

Listening to the tone, Gilbert flashed Reia a look he rarely gave. It was of uncertainty. The tone ringing, was the tone reserved only for the summons of the Emperor of Azaleas, coming directly from the homeland. Instinctively, the Knight of Four got up and plugged his communicator to the television screen to broadcast the message for everyone present.

"My children, and Knights of Azaleas," the Emperor's voice resounded, "To commemorate the birth of my youngest daughter, Princess Katia ve Azalea just born an hour ago in Territory 18, I shall reveal my plans to the people who have received this message," he said, "All those watching this message now, I give you the order right now, to return to the homeland on my summons. Waste no time, and head back here as soon as possible," the Emperor said and once his message was finished, he hung up.

"We're going back to the homeland?" Reia spoke, breaking the silence.

"We are," Princess Aioria nodded quietly.

"With Consort Catherine?" Gabriel asked.

"We can chose to return at a later date, but not too late," Gilbert answered.

Once again, a phone rang, and it revealed to be Prince Alexius's phone ringing. Picking up the call, he put it on speaker for everyone present. It was Princess Donnia.

"Everyone, pack your bags, we're going back with Mother Catherine," the Princess said.

"Sister Donnia, your pregnancy is still unstable," Prince Alexius objected.

"That's why I'm taking the medic plane back with Mother Catherine, and you guys will follow behind in a normal plane. We're setting off in three hours, so make sure you don't leave anything behind," she said and hung up.

"The horrors," Reia whispered and bolted out of the room along with Alexius, Gabriel, Carmelita and Gilbert, as Princess Aioria hurriedly rang for her aides.

Within three hours, Reia spoke with her family and told them she was heading back to the homeland on summons, packed her things, changed into her formal Knight uniform, and headed down to the car that we going to bring them to the airport where their plane was already waiting for them. Sitting down in the car, her stomach growled. She was hungry.

"Here," came the voice of Prince Alexius and an apple flew towards her face, which she caught smoothly, "I found this in my fridge, you can have it," the Prince said as he put his suitcase into the boot of the car.

Turning slightly red out of embarrassment, she muttered a "Thank you," and bit into the apple gratefully.

Getting driven to the airport, and boarding the plane quickly, in less than eight hours, from the time of the summons, they arrived on Azalean soil. Tiredly getting off the plane, Reia identified Ms Giselle in the crowds. Waiting for Gilbert, the two of them then went to meet up with Ms Giselle, who cheerfully greeted them.

"Master Gilbert, Lady Reia," Ms Giselle greeted.

"We're back," the two said in unison.

"Let us head back home then," Ms Giselle smiled knowing that the two were extremely tired.

Reaching her home, the household of the Knight of Six, she pressed the pin into the doors, and entered. Putting down her suitcase, she loosened her uniform. Hanging it on the chair, she changed into comfortable clothing, and flopped on her bed tiredly. On hitting the sheets, she closed her eyes and napped.

Awakening to the loud commotion outside her house, she found that all the Knights of Azaleas had returned. Across the street, the Knight of Seven, Lord Oswald Stratford was still bringing his luggage into the house. He had just returned from his post overseas, and looked extremely worn out. Looking at him from her window, the Knight of Seven eventually found Reia looking at him, and bowed, greeting her without words. Bowing in return, she flashed a smile.

Returning to her room, she quickly freshened herself up before using the shortcut through the Knights households and headed over to Gilbert's house. Walking past her old room, she grinned when she saw the cute name plate that said 'Reia' which Gilbert had made for her as her birthday present before she became the Knight of Six. Pressing the pin on the door, she was rather surprised it clicked open. Inside the room was as she had left it. Still with the grin on her face, she closed the door and headed for Gilbert's room. Raising her fist, she decided to bang on his door like when she was still his Knight Junior.

*bam bam bam* *bam bam bam*

She knocked loudly on the door. Slowly, the door cracked open, and Gilbert's tired face appeared in the crack. Yanking the door open, she barged into his room, and rolled into his bed sheets.

"R-Reia?" he asked.

"Its noisy outside and I can't nap alone in my house," she half hid under the blanket and said it barely loud enough for Gilbert to hear her clearly.

Hearing that, it seemed to put a slight grin onto Gilbert's face, and he sighed, "We've got no choice then," he said and pushed the bed with Reia on it to a corner of the room, before he pulled a few pillows onto the ground and took another huge blanket out of the cupboard as he laid down on the carpeted floor, "Come here," he beckoned.

Rolling off the bed, Reia rolled into Gilbert's outstretched arm.

"Such a self-indulgent girl," Gilbert said softly.

"I know I am, but Gilbert is one of the few who would allow me to indulge like that," she said curled up to Gilbert, with her eyes closed, "Maybe we are what they would call soul mates," Reia murmured.

"Guess we are," Gilbert quietly agreed.

"I hope your new girlfriend wouldn't mind," Reia added before starting to snore softly.

"You must really be tired," Gilbert brushed a stray hair that was on Reia's face aside, "Rest well my dear junior," he whispered and kissed her forehead softly.

The following morning, as Gilbert and Reia were having their breakfast together, a messenger came in and dropped the message that they were to gather together at the Knight of One's household before heading over to the Imperial Palace. Hurriedly stuffing the lasts of her toast and omelette down, Reia then went along to change. As expected of Ms Giselle, she knew that Reia stayed over, and went over to her house to get her formal knight clothes already.

Picking up the blouse, Reia made a 'shuu' sound as she slide her arms into the sleeves. Buttoning the buttons, she then pulled on the stockings and skirt. Reaching to the chair for her coat, she adjusted it while looking into the mirror. Finished with dressing, she did her hair, and emerged.

"Reia is pretty today~" Gilbert teased as she emerged from the bathroom.

"We're meeting His Majesty," she sighed, "Even though being a Knight of Azaleas, the number of times I've seen His Majesty face to face, I am able to count it off my fingers," she showed her ten fingers to Gilbert.

"The same could be said for me," Gilbert replied, "But you're going to meet him if you're nervous, and you're still going to meet him if you're not nervous," her mentor started giving his advice.

"It makes me wonder if His Majesty gets tired of sending us messages for mission orders," Reia muttered.

"Well, that I don't know,but I know if we don't hurry, we're going to be late to the meeting at Lord Windamm's household," her mentor said and took her by the hand.