Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Hey guys I'm not dead. I'm sorry about not updating for so long. I had writer's block and then I had exams in school and then more exams and I had a few personal problems and then this whole virus thing happened, and I've got several lovely chapters queued up for you, my lovely and supportive readers. Hopefully, I'll get them up in a few days.

Percy pov
A few weeks passed. Uncle Tony and I got to know each other better and we found that we really had a lot in common. We both had active minds, and strategical thinking. We were both competitive and loved my mom a lot.

I fell into a routine. I would wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning, usually from a nightmare occasionally not, and head down to the gym where I would train myself until I threw up or fainted. Then I would go to the pool I'd discovered and stay there until 7. Then I'd get ready for the rest of the day.

It was tiring, but it helped me to keep my monsters (pun intended) at bay.

It was all fine until Tony reminded me about school.

He said that my education was important and blah blah blah.

He'd already registered me in a new school. It was close to the compound which I guess was good.

I didn't really want to consider going to school. I knew how bad attachments were. I knew that they caused pain.

Well, I couldn't tell Tony all that.

It was a new day. Monday. I woke up at 3 am and went to the gym. I went there early enough that I had yet to run into any of the so-called "Avengers".

Uncle Tony had explained that they were a group of people with special abilities that fought other beings that wanted to bring harm to either them or the earth.

Personally, I didn't think they were all that different from The Seven and I...the Seven...who were dead... because I couldn't save them...

I push those thoughts out of my head and walk into my closet.

I look around a bit before asking FRIDAY to get me a pair of black jeans, a green shirt and a pair of green Converse high tops.

The wonder I'd had about all the technology and the A.I. had died down a few days ago. It still felt surreal sometimes that I could use technology without monsters chasing me, but I was grateful.

Huh. Me, Percy Jackson, master of sass, being grateful to the gods. Things sure had changed.

I pull myself back from my thoughts and get ready. I grab a bag I'd found stashed in the closet (I'd been bored and had wanted to see the clothes, so I walked in and got lost between all the clothes...) and stuff a few notebooks and textbooks along with a pencil case.

I head down the exit of the facility. Tony had said he'd wait there with a car. I was kind of excited to see what car it was.

I reach the private car park. There are several motorbikes and sports cars. I look around and spot Tony standing beside a sea green Lamborghini Pegasus. I stare at the car for a second, then snap out of it and head over to Tony.

Broken GlassOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara