part 1

On the twelfth hour of October first, 1989, fourty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual in the way that none of these women were pregnant when the day began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves has adopted ten such children.

Luther Hargreeves, number one. Diego Hargreeves, number two. Allison Hargreeves, number three. Klaus Hargreeves, number four. Five Hargreeves, number five. Ben Hargreevees, number six. Vanya Hargreeves, number seven. Elizabeth Hargreeves, number eight. Ash Hargreeves, number nine. and last, Emily Hargreeves, number ten.

Reginald had bought all of the children when they were young, and treated them horribly up until they left.

Emily woke up and got up and dressed, about to creep downstairs, probably to run away and come back about 5 minutes later, as she was only 5 years old, but she was stopped by her mother, Grace, and asked to wake up her siblings.

I smiled, knowing exactly how I'd wake them up. I would scream in Luther, Elizabeth, Five, and Allison's ears. Luther and Elizabeth because I hated them, Five and Allison because I felt like it. I'd wake up Vanya, Ash and Ben very peacefully, as they were my calmest siblings and the nicest. And last but not least, I would skillfully wake up Diego and Klaus by jumping on them.

A few screams from me, a complaint to mom from Elizabeth and a laugh from Klaus and Diego later they were downstairs. They had to eat their breakfast in complete silence, and then straight to practice, which was probably abuse considering their age.

In practice, Luther threw a few things and broke some punching bags, which was pretty impressive for a 5 year old. Elizabeth used her stupid animal talking to make a cat rip open a dummy. Five time skipped a few times, Allison used her 'I heard a rumour' to make Klaus be quiet for 80 seconds, Ben tentacle-d a little, Ash did their cool bubble thing, and me, Klaus and Vanya just sat in the corner. Vanya didn't have a power, Klaus' was talking to dead people, and mine was looking into the future, or another timeline, but I wouldn't know which. Basically we were the disappointments.

flash-forward to 7 years later

I woke up from a dream. Five had asked if he could time travel, he was told no. He got stuck, he didn't come back. Quickly, I checked the time, it was 4:17. I got up as quietly as possible and creeped to Five's room.

"Five.." I whispered.

"What- crap! You scared me!" He whispered back.

"Five. I had a dream. Don't time travel, listen to dad. You're gonna get stuck, please."

"How are you sure?"

"It's called believing. You should try it sometime, its fun."

"....."

"Goodnight Five."

"Goodnight, Em."

I woke up. Thankfully I hadn't had another dream, but I was put on edge. I woke up before everyone else and had to wake them up, but it was fine, because it gave me an excuse to make sure Five was still there. He was.

Breakfast time. Five stabbed the table.

"Yes, Number Five?" Reginald asked.

"I want to time travel."

"FIVE." I yelled instinctively.

"I've been practicing my spacial jumps-"

I believed, with every inch of my body, in that moment, that Five was going to listen to me. He was going to stay.

"Five. Don't. Stay, please."

He sat back down. "Sorry." he mumbled.

Reginald didn't think anything of this, it wasn't a power, just persuasion. Boy, was he wrong.