𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌.

❝ 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐

❝ 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐. ❞

◤ chapter three◢

"you're really out here telling me that with a straight face? god y'know the doctor would in no way treat me like this!"

"how the fuck does one relate that to—you know what never mind!"

chayse earhart and miles di angelo walked side by side that afternoon. backpacks stuffed to what seemed like brim. with half written papers, books that had barely been open, and countless pens and pencils that weren't exactly theirs but they swore they'd give them back right after the class ended.

despite all of that though, there was a lightness to their steps and who wouldn't have? the grim skies, had finally cleared away allowing the sun to come through, warming up the always seeming cold air. it might have been may but their home state had a funny way of showing it's warmer side.

the walk home was a good one, filled with inside jokes, conversations about the days events and meme references. and with no one being around when miles unlocked the door to di angelo residence, all of this continued.

"this summer though, has got to be a good one" miles spoke, as he climbed the stairs towards his room. chayse not to far behind hummed in agreement to this.

the two friends had spent far too many summers doing the same old things. while yeah, there were certain days during the break where they went on 'day vacations' they always ended up back home at days end. it's not as though, they were ungrateful for the experiences either the pair just simply wanted more than a day away from home. they needed more.

"the only thing that i can think of is that thing at the zoo that a-" but before miles could finish was he was saying a pillow had cut him off.

"i'm not going to the zoo for the third year in a row to see animas dying in the heat!" chayse declared firmly before kicking off her shoes and laying down on the young mans bed letting out a sigh.

"well we are kind of limited here, we don't exactly live next to disney world sweatheart!" he jabbed back, before he too followed his friends lead and laid down on his bed as well.

"and this is why i said the doctor wouldn't treat me like this!" chayse shot back glaring at her friend who simply laid there rolling his eyes.

the two said there in the same spot for a while, most of it spent in comfortable silence. occasionally, one would pipe up with a reference to a meme or something else along those lines. the other would laugh until it died down and the silence returned once more.

"okay but what if we do go to disney world?" chayse mused sitting your for her previous spot.

"yeah sure why not we are practically swimming in cash aren't we?" miles spoke dryly with a very unamused looked etched onto his face.

"okay maybe not disney world but something!"
she noticed her friend was about to say respond and for the second time that day, chayse cut him off. "and not the damn zoo!"

miles didn't reply to that. yet for the next half an hour the duo sat there bouncing back ideas off one another to see if an scheme could be built.

"now you're literally just naming things off of phineas and ferb!"

"okay but did you ever see them complaining about their summer? no!"

"this is going to take forever!" miles sighed moving his hair from his forehead for seemed like the umpteenth time this afternoon. an unspoken agreement was made between the pair that this current conversation between the two was to be put on a pause.

a synchronized ping sound came from each of their respective phones was the next sound to run through the room.

"five bucks says it's aaron"

"it's the groupchat"

grabbing their respective phones from their bags, the older one of the two gave a short 'whoop' while the younger rolled her eyes.

"what does it say?" the blonde asked glancing over at her friend who simply gave her a look that said something along the lines of; "read it yourself?!"

unlocking the device, the app opened automatically where for the past couple of years almost  all of their group conversations lived. from random memes, to deep heartfelt conversations and everything in between this is where they resided. countless hours had been spent here typing away and that was friendship.

the two read over the message that had been sent out not once, not twice, but three times. looking up from the screens, both had a knowing look in their eyes.

for the summer ahead of them was when they would finally get to leave.

yeah so video chatting with everyone recently plus lowkey reminiscing over voltron got me to fInALlY update this. i definitely know that this is not my best chapter && will be re-written in the future but like friendship man y'know ???