Dinner for Two

"Zander, let's go eat, huh?" I wanted to cheer him up. Just about 20 minutes ago, I watched Zander confront his father with violence and rage.

     "Okay. Also, I'm sorry. You didn't know how bad it was between me and my pops. I should've stopped myself." I shook me head. "You're dad's an asshole. It's not your fault!" He started crying, so I pulled over. I hugged him and kissed his forehead.

     "So, dinner for two?" He chuckled. "Yes, let's go, my date!" We got back on the road to our favorite restaurant; Olive Garden.

     The waiter was cute. His name was Ryan, and he looked like he's around my age. "Excuse me, but you're very beautiful, Miss." He said to me before he went to get our iced tea. Zander and I looked at each other, and giggled like teenage girls.

     "Here's your drink-" Zander raised his finger, and he stopped. "Do you like my friend here? If so, does it matter of she has a mental illness?" He looked took back, but he still answered with a smile.

     "Yes, I like her. She's beautiful and seems very educated. And no sir, I have no problems with mental illnesses. My brother has OCD, so I have a soft spot for mental I'll people." I blushed. He sounded so sincere. Zander laughed. "Yay! Here's her number, her address, her work place. Shall I continue?" I chuckled and nodded.

      At the end of dinner, Ryan, Zander, and I drove around town. I was happy Ryan got off of work early. Ryan and I got to know each other and we ended up holding hands to his condo. "I want to live with you, and take care if you, Jessica. I want to make you feel like you don't have all the illnesses you have." He kissed me, and walked inside.

       I thought that was then the end, but then, I seen something I never thought I seen before...