The Cuttist

Uh-oh, here he is, Cindi mused in a blink

Uh-oh, here he is, Cindi mused in a blink. His black 5-Series knifed perfectly parallel into the spot out front. While he paid the meter she nonchalantly shouldered off her cardigan to show off one of the daring halters she saved for his appointments. A quick wiggle and a tug set her mini-skirt, and a hurried fluff boosted her dark waves in the mirror. From his station Sam raised his eyebrows at her. She gave him a funny "oh no" grimace and switched back to her best smile as the bell on the door jingled. "Hi, Joseph."

"Cindi. Am I late?"

He knew he was never late. All of the spots she hoped would catch his gaze warmed as his eyes so briefly touched upon them. Wow, she almost let her lips make the word. That bigshot suit and smile. "You're clockwork. I just finished prep for your appointment."

Cindi stopped breathing as he neared. After months of stylist/client restraint, this was it. Three weeks ago, she'd set him up with a perfect taper cut with some spikey on top. Hottt. The week after, a low fade with a smart side part. A GOD. Last week a high fade with a wavy quiff on top. O. M. G. And in a reckless violation of protocol, she'd handed him his credit card wrapped in a receipt planted with a voluptuous lipstick kiss, smiley faces, and a note: "Let's go out sometime – XOXO - Cindi."

And this week he was back!

After a few moments he gave her a curious look and asked, "Shall I take a seat?"

"Oh, of course." She unfolded a bib and draped it over him. She gave him another few moments... Nothing. Finally she leaned her curviest parts near him and said, "Um, did I remember to give you your receipt last week?"

"Huh." He gave it some thought. "I think so... But I don't usually keep them. Why?"

"Well," she persisted, hoping she saw a glimmer of a smile. "I was just thinking, maybe today we could do something a little different-"

"Exactly. Could you do something disruptive here in front?" He gave her a wink that made her heart flutter. "I've got a super hot engagement tonight." With an apologetic smile he whispered, "Power blonde, and a little intimidating. She's got game changing-" he made a Big Boobs gesture with his hands and rolled up his eyes.

"Oh." Cindi forced her lips to keep smiling. With a deep breath and the right posture she could have happily pressed herself into his hands and mostly filled the volume he indicated. But a power blonde she wasn't. "Well, Joseph, you have nothing to be intimidated about."

"I hope to leverage all the horsepower you bring to the table, Cindi. This could be the big one, and the right hair could be the vehicle to seal the deal. Her name is Victoriana Wilson."

His business buzztalk was as hot as ever, but the way he breathed that obnoxious name iced the smile from Cindi's face. She forced it back on. He sighed and his eyes melted in a longing trance. Cindi realized she probably acted just like this with him – why didn't he notice? She cleared her throat. "We could do bangs, maybe. Or we-"