Chapter One

He walks twards her. She looks dumbfounded, all of a sudden there are no football fans. Only them. In the large stadium. She gazes into his eyes." Hi." He says. He kneels down on the turf and pulls out a ring. "Avia-Kamri Maria Daxton, will you marry me?" The scene starts to fade. "No!" I scream as I start awake. "Shit, 4:30am I'm late. Damn." I get up and get changed for work. As I approach the NCIS building and flash my ID. I take the elevator to the bullpen. I silently walk to my intern desk. Next to me my fellow intern Joshua Doughty is asleep next to me at his desk, along with Ziva, Tony, Timmy, and Gibbs all asleep at their desks. I get to work doing paper work, but just end up staring at Joshua. "You like him don't you." I started at the sound of Ziva's voice. "I can't because of Rule 12." I say sadly. Ziva looks at me with an 'I understand' kind of expression."I know" she says, while pointing at Tony. I nod and start to go back to my paper work just to see Joshua looking at me. "Finally!" I say with a mock exasperated expression and tone. Joshua stands up and walks over to me."What?" I snap."I herd your conversation with Ziva." He says with a smirk. Fuck." And?" I question."27 year olds don't play this game, Joshie." I say just to annoy him."Can I talk to you in the elevator real quick Kams?" He questions."Why?" I say to push his buttons."Just, please Avia?" He says."Fine." I sigh. We walk towards the elevator. As soon as we get inside he corners me and flips the emergency switch."What are you..." I get cutoff by him pressing his lips to mine. I suprise myself and kiss him back. Finally, after what only seems like seconds we break away. "Avia-Kamri I have loved you ever since I layed eyes on you." He plainly stated."I know but Rule 12, Josh." I say as I turn back on the elevator and walk out. As I walkout Gibbs is awake and says "Agent Daxton, we currently have a case to solve what makes you think you have any right to walk away for an hour and a half. Same with you Agent Doughty." Josh and I look at eachother and abruptly turn around and sprint to the stairs. Laughing, we decend the stiars to Abby's Lab."ABBY!' I scream over the loud music. The music is turned off and Josh is engulfed in a bone crushing hug. "Abbs. ..breathing...is. ..nescesary. ..for. ..human. ..beings!" He gasps out while I laugh hysterically. "Watcha got Abbs?" I say in my best Gibbs voice. All three of us collapse in to a pile of laughing objectiles. Finally, after a while Timmy comes down and looks at us like we belong in straight jackets. Timmy and Abby begin to talk about the case, and Joshua and I are left to awkwardly stand there. I feel bad for rejecting him, but I want to keep my job. "Sup, Probie and Probette, Abby and McGoo!" Announces Tony as he arrives in the lab.