One Shot #23

#23

*Note- Justin Bieber & Ariana Grande*

I was finally beat. I was here for 5 hours already, putting together my album. I plopped on the couch of the studio and scrolled through my phone. I noticed a text from him. I couldn't help but blush as I read the text.

Justin: hey beautiful. u sound amazing.

How did he kno-. My thoughts were cut off when I felt myself being lifted from the couch. I automatically knew who it was. I laughed and hit his back with my fist. "Justin! Put me down!" I yelled, but kept the smile on my face. "Justin..." I heard her voice and the smile completely vanished. I felt my feet finally back on the floor and looked back to see Selena.

I gave her a small smile. "Hey Sel." I leaned in for a hug and she smiled, hugging me back. I pulled back. "I had no idea you guys were coming..." I turned to Justin and widen my eyes. He pursed his lips together.

You see, there's been this... thing going on. Justin and Selena have been on and off and on and off. The whole thing just gives me headaches to be honest. And Scooter, his manager and mine, introduced us 7 months ago. Hell of a 7 months. And every time they are off, he comes to me.

We would go out on dates or we would watch movies at each others houses. Touching and kissing was always involved. But when he would go back with Selena, he acted completely normal. As if what happened with us was just a regular, casual thing. They were off yesterday... Seems like Justin failed to mention to me that they were back on.

"Well this is a surprise." I said, struggling to keep the smile on my face. Justin looked down to his feet then back up to me. "I knew you were in the studio and, Selena... suggested to invite you to dinner." He said. I looked over at Selena and she nodded, smiling. "Why not? You guys are like best friends. And we've never really hung out. I thought it would be fun." She smiled and held Justin closer to her.

My heart ached.

"I-I don't know. I'm just really busy." I said, looking down. "Oh come on, it's just a little break." Selena said. I was not looking forward to having dinner with a guy I've completely fallen for and his girlfriend. It was completely awkward but Selena had no idea, so it wasn't for her. But I had a feeling I had no choice. I had no way out of this dinner. I let out a sigh and looked back up at the 'lovely' couple. "Okay."

...

We sat in the car on our way to a Italian restaurant when my phone dinged. I unlocked it, seeing a text.

Justin: I'm so sorry... I was going to tell you. :/

I shook my head and looked up to see him looking at me, which was really weird because he was sitting right next to me so our faces were incredibly close to each other once I looked up at him. I turned back to my phone to text back.

It's not like I didn't see it coming. Typical. </3

I shoved my phone back in my purse, not wanting to talk about it anymore. We finally reached the restaurant and there was a few paps there. Great. We climbed out of the car and immediately, the flashes of the camera stung my eyes. I tried covering my face but the lights were too powerful for my big eyes. I felt an arm around my shoulder and the flashes were almost gone. I looked up to see Justin, leading me inside, completely shielding me from the blinding lights.

As soon as we reached inside, I blinked a couple times before regaining myself. I looked over at Justin. "I know how you get... the lights bother your eyes a lot." He said. I gave him a small, sincere smile. "Thank you." I said and he nodded his head, flashing me a smile back.