The Zoo Files: The Zoo Crew

Chapter One
Lunch on the Run

In the criminal justice system, the mammals are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups: the police, who investigate crime; and the district attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories...

Living and working in Downtown Zootopia aka the Savanna Central district, has it's highs and lows as one would expect from watching the first film. Even though there was a lot of division of species in the first film, there is also a lot of crime that goes unnoticed unfortunately.
We meet up with Officer Judith "Judy" Hopps (ZPD: Unit 86) on her way back from the Rainforest District, visiting the Ottertons, who she has become pretty close to since we last saw them. She prefers to ride the Rabbit Area Transit System as her way of getting around the metropolis. While listening to her playlist on her Carrot iPhone, she gets a text message from Officer Nicholas "Nick/Wilde Thing" Wilde (ZPD: Unit 77).
"Hey Carrots U up for a quik bite to eat???," Nick asks with a quick text. "Would I???, I'm starving!, Where at???," she replies as she's looking out of the window of the R.A.T.S getting some ideas of where to go. "Blubber King???", Nick recommends. "EW! NO!," she answered feeling queasy, disgusted, and on the verge of changing her mind. "I know, I just wanted to see what you'd say xD lol But seriously, meet ya at Snarlbucks???," he added. "Sure thing, cya then," she responded as the train is about at her stop on the route.
"As the train arrives at the station, Judy gets her things together to get off. "Now approaching Zoo Live Station. Exit here for Zootopia Live, Fur National Bank Arena, City Hall, Zoo University: Savanna Central, and the Zootopia Center for the Performing Arts, this is Zoo Live Station," the R.A.T.S voice-over announcer stated as the train comes to a stop and she gets off.
Meanwhile at the NE Desert Ave. Snarlbucks location, Judy is holding a table for them while waiting on Nick who is coming from ZPD HQ. A couple minutes later, Nick finally makes it in while Judy is trading texts with her family. "Hey you! Why are you in your training outfit?", she asked with a smile as she hugged him and gave him a small pouch of blueberries from the farm. "Hey Carrots and thanks a lot! I had some extra certification training to do since I'll be working with the Rabid Squad Division on certain calls," he answered as he hugged back and sat down across from her. "Oh, everything went okay?", she wondered. "Yeah, piece of cake...blueberry actually," he replied with a chuckle.
"You have been hanging around my family's farm a little too much Wilde Thing," she adds with a slight giggle. "Hey I know what I like, don't you agree?," Nick asks as he tosses a blueberry in the air and catches it in his mouth. "You think you're soooooo perfect don't you?", Judy said with a slight grin. "Perfect enough for you?", he replied quickly to catch her off guard. "Mmhm...no wait, what?", as she quickly caught herself while answering a text message from her mother back in Bunnyburrow. "I'm just sayin'," Nick chuckles softly as he notices the conversation is getting a bit awkward.
A moment went by as Nick gave her a playful smirk. "Anyway, uh...", he said nervously to break the awkward silence. "Yeah, I was wondering if we are gonna order anything or talk about who you're perfect for?", she asks him jokingly. "Yes we should order...and you asked I didn't hehe," he replied with a chuckle as he placed their order on his Snarlbucks app. "I asked??? You're the one trying to catch me off guard Mr. Sly Fox!," she laughs.
"It was just some simple playful banter, ya know...to get you to relax. Of course you know, you're one of the most emotional friends I know. I like you when you're calm and relaxed, not trying to stay ahead of everything...no offense," he explained to her as she nodded. "Yeah, I know...I'm still sorry for carrying that fox repellent around, but being around you lately has really changed my perception of who I grew up around because you obviously care and look out for me," she replied while thinking about how mean Gideon was to her when they were growing up.
"Exactly, I'm glad we moved on from that, we trust each other and that's the most important thing," he added. "We sure do and you're absolutely right," she replied with a smile. "Order up for Wilde N' Hopps! 2 Carrot muffins with Organic Green blend and 2 Blueberry Muffins and Purple Drink!", the barista calls out as Nick goes up to pick up the order. "Thanks a lot Elle. How've you been?", Nick asks as he picks up the orders. "A lot better now and thank you for what you and Hopps did with the robbery last month, things have been pretty quiet since then...oh and check your Snarlbucks account." She replied graciously.
"Well that's great and I sure will Elle, thanks again," Nick answered. "You're welcome dear," she replied. When Nick got back to their seats, he checked his Snarlbucks account and noticed that the order was on the house and he gave her a thumbs up in gratitude to her which she did the same. "Elle said that our order was on the house," Nick explained to Judy as they started eating. "Aw that was very sweet of her," she answered as she waived at Elle and she returned the favor.
As they started eating, they continued their conversation catching up on things and talked about rumors going on at the department. Then Nick looked up and kind of noticed a small figure standing behind Judy, so he looked around her and Judy stopped eating when she noticed him looking behind her so she turned around as well. When they both looked, they noticed that it was Finnick from Nick's hustling days on the other side.
"Finnick ol' pal what have you been up to lately...better yet don't answer that hehe, as a matter of fact, forget I asked you that, just uh...how've you been?," Nick asked as he hasn't seen his old partner in a while. "Nothing to it really, just been working some driving jobs in the Sahara...which is why I'm here," Finnick starts to explain. "Are you having trouble reaching the pedals again Finn?," Nick asks jokingly. "Hehe...no...," Finnick replies sarcastically. "My ride was stolen from me while I was coming back from the Rainforest," he further explains.
"Do you have a description of the suspect?," Judy chimes in to ask. "Yeah...he's a Panda. I don't know his name, I've never worked the street with him, but I was coming out of The Bamboo Resort and Spa...after making a drop off...," making sure he didn't give too much of himself away, "And I had parked across the street at The Green House, ya know that place on Misty Blvd. where-," he further goes in. "Yeah! I remember...I mean, go on witness," Nick says hoping he wouldn't give too much information on their past as Judy slightly gives him the side eye.
"Anyway, I'm leaving and I see this slim-looking panda in the drivers seat and he just takes off! I'm very limited now on how I handle things since you've made your career change, but I still have to make a living ya know," Finnick finishes explaining. As Nick and Judy finish up lunch and interviewing Finnick over his stolen vehicle, they get ready to go. "I'm gonna pass this on to Detective Oates in the robbery division, he's going to get in contact with you...don't worry its not a bad thing...just tell him what he needs to know and about what happened," Nick explains.
By then as they were heading outside of Snarlbucks, they hear a car peeling out on Desert Ave., and behold there was a slim-looking panda plain as day behind the wheel heading north then making a quick turn. Then without hesitation, Judy and Nick jump into action as Nick quickly gets into his suped up Roadster with Judy and Finnick jumping in as well and take off behind them.
"Remember Nick, we're not on duty...and kinda not dressed for the party, so kinda take it easy. I'm gonna call into dispatch on my cell," she explains to him as they follow quickly in pursuit. "Good afternoon, Zootopia Police Department: Savanna Central, this is Officer Clawhauser how may I direct your call-," Clawhauser was in the middle of cheerful and chipper introduction before being cut off by Judy.
"Ugh, Clawhauser this is Hopps, ZPD: 86, look we need units on a stolen vehicle in front of Snarlbucks on NE Desert Ave. STAT, its a blue Cattlelac, driven by a slender male Panda, unknown clothing, just turned east onto Sand Creek Road and traveling at a high rate of speed, we're trailing back a bit because Wilde and I are not exactly on duty," she explains to him as he starts taking notes. "Roger that, hang tight we're on it," Clawhauser assures her as he processes the call to other units.
"Central Dispatch to any available units, we have a 7100 at 1051 NE Desert Ave. at the Snarlbucks. Vehicle has left the scene heading east on Sand Creek, if available, please acknowledge," says Clawhauser awaits eagerly on a response as the call comes out over Nick's private police scanner. "Motor 4 (Corporal McHorn) and Motor 7 (Officer Jackson) will take that call," Corporal McHorn responds as they are nearby on motor patrol in the traffic division.
"Clawhauser, are you still there?," Judy asked while keeping in contact with him on her cell phone while Nick keeps a far distance on the stolen car. "Sure am," answered Clawhauser. "Okay, we still got a visual on him...wait he just turned left onto Cactus towards the Interstate. Can you relay that to the Motor Squad," she adds. "Roger that!," Clawhauser responds and relays the message to Jackson and McHorn.
"Motor 10 to Dispatch, we have a visual on the vehicle, they're on Cactus Street," Jackson calls out. "Motor 4 to Dispatch we may need to put a bird in the air just in case he tries to access the Interstate," McHorn adds. "Roger that Motors 7 and 4! standby," Clawhauser responds with excitement.

Ready for more action and hair-pin turns, then stay tuned for more in the next chapters. Will Wilde N' Hopps catch up with the suspect???