Rising Heat

The three alpha's Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon were out of town for a business trip. In the midst of the meeting, Yoongi's phone kept on vibrating and saw it was a call from Seokjin but he didn't bother returning the call until later that day.

The meeting ended late afternoon and they all settled in the car going back to their hotel. Yoongi searched for his phone from his pocket and checked it to having 50 missed calls and only 1 message all from Seokjin. His brows furrowed swiping open his inbox that read

"Yoongi we have a problem.

It's y/n...

Her heat just started.

You need to come home. ASAP!''

"WHAT???" Yoongi suddenly growled which made the two other alpha's startled. He then quickly dialed Jin's number and immediately spoke when his call was picked up.

"Hyung, how is y/n? Can I speak with her?" The worried alpha asks.

"She's asleep now. Jimin ran a warm shower for her just before she rested and Taehyung is helping me make dinner. But-" Seokjin's voice fainted.

"But what hyung?" Yoongi's pulse almost dropped.

"But I worry about later tonight Yoongi."

The silence in the car made it possible for Hoseok and Namjoon to hear the conversation. "Shit!" Yoongi cursed realizing it would take almost 12hrs for him to get back to you. If it weren't only for this important business trip, he wouldn't have to be away when you need him the most.

"Hyung, what are my options?" Yoongi's voice almost trailing off.

The eldest omega hinted with a serious tone. "If it comes to worse, you know exactly what your last option would be."

Yoongi shook his head understanding what Jin was suggesting. "No hyung. I can't let any other man touch her!" he growled a bit louder this time, that even their pack leader Namjoon was too afraid to console his friend.

"But he's not just any other man Yoongi. He's part of this family and we all know he's deeply concerned with her, which makes him the best candidate among other thirsty alpha's out there." Jin trying his best to talk some sense into him.

There was silence on both ends.

And after a moment, a sigh was heard from the other line and Jin spoke again with a more gentler voice.

"Yoongi, calm down. I understand you're worried and I am sorry for making you upset with this suggestion. But I am now speaking to you as an older brother hoping you would take my advice."

The alpha bit his lip as he listened intently, laying down his pride.

"You are her alpha. She accepted you and chose you. And nothing will ever change that. It is only this unfortunate time that she has to cope with her heat with someone other than you who's physically here and help her survive through it, or else..." Jin paused taking a deep breath thinking of the impending danger of spending an omega heat alone, recalling how it almost happened to him during his first heat.

Yoongi closed his eyes, trying to fight off his conflicting emotions. "I know hyung. I understand. Thank you very much for your help."

"But is he there with you right now, hyung?" He asked in curiosity.

There was a brief pause. Which only made Yoongi's heartbeat more and more audible. It took a while for Jin to utter a word.

After a moment, he finally cleared his throat and said

"He's here. He's been outside the whole day today, worrying about her. But I told him not to force himself unless I've talked this out with you first."

Yoongi's heart sank on what was about to happen in the next few hours. He would have to deal with the pain of having his mate to another man, another alpha. He tries his best to keep himself calm, containing that pent up rage inside him which he thought was useless at this point. But it's always easier said than done. Controlling his alpha instincts of being possessive and protective is always never easy most especially when it comes to you. But for you, he will do his best. You're his sole reason to become a better man, a better lover, and a better mate.

"Very well, I'll call him later as soon as I can. I'll have to end the call here hyung, I have a plane to catch." He suggested.

"Take care of yourself Yoongi and try not to worry too much. We're all here for her." Jin said reassuringly.

"I couldn't thank you enough hyung and I appreciate your help." The alpha genuinely said.

"Yah... We're family and family always stick together no matter what." Jin answered, ending their conversation.

An hour after the emergency call he got, Namjoon and Hoseok dropped Yoongi off the airport.

"Hyung, things may seem hard at the moment. But everything will be alright soon." Hoseok said as he places a hand on the older alphas shoulder.

"Yoongi hyung, I trust you will keep your emotions balanced. Stay safe hyung. She's waiting for you. The pack leader Namjoon reminded him, which Yoongi in turn quietly nodded.

While waiting for his boarding time, he decided to give Jin a quick call but his phone only kept on ringing. Having no other choice, he calls the only unpaired alpha in the pack.

"Jeon Jungkook." Yoongi's voice was firm. Deeper than usual.

"Yeah, Yoongi hyung. It's me." the younger alpha answered.

"Where is Jin hyung? Why isn't he picking up his phone?" he asked.

"Ahh... It's because... She woke up screaming so they all rushed in to help her." Jungkook earnestly replied.

Yoongi can only imagine the kind of pain you are into right now that cold sweat suddenly ran all across his body. He was sick worried not being there with you right now, thinking he has failed you as an alpha. With this, Yoongi made a decision to at least help you ease your pain somehow.

"Listen to me. I need you to get inside the house right now so she could smell your scent." Yoongi ordered the younger.

The younger alpha did as he was told and settled in the living room. "I'm already here hyung, what do I do next?"

Yoongi's hands were trembling. His stomach churned at the thought of how things would turn out from this point on. He couldn't bear to have any other man to do it with you. He was slowly losing grip.

"Jungkook, I'm aware of your feelings for her but I trust that you will take care of her for now. But once I arrive, I'll be taking back what's mine." Yoongi suddenly lost control of himself and growled under his gritted teeth.

Jungkook felt the thrill of his hyung all riled up and and ended up teasing him. "I'm not sure if she'd want to get rid of me hyung. You know how needy omegas gets during their heat."

Yoongi then hears you moaning in the background. "alpha..."

'Shit!' He could only curse. His whole body was now burning in agitation. Yoongi then heard a rustle throught the line. It was Jin snatching the phone from Jungkook whilst hitting his head from the back.

"Yah! Don't tease him like that! You'll only set him in rage!" The older omega yelled at Jungkook who's head was now bent low.

"Yoongi! This is Jin. We've ran a hot shower for her at the moment but I don't think it will work for long. Soon she will need to-"

Seokjin's words were cut off as Yoongi spoke. "It's okay hyung. I understand. I'll let him do it for now."

"Remember what I told you a while ago. You will always be her mated alpha as she is your omega. Her condition is more important now than your rage." Jin spoke calmly.

"I know hyung. I know."

At this time, Yoongi settled down to his seat and just couldn't wait to fly straight to you. He rubbed that spot on his neck where you left him a precious bite mark.

'Hang in there baby. Daddy's coming home..." Yoongi whispered, as he rests his eyes to slumber.