29 · shitface

Chapter 29 | Louis' P.O.V

As soon as we get back to our dorm, I throw myself on my bed. I'm exhausted.

Harry clears his throat, and I look up to see him standing in the middle of the room without a shirt. I blink a few times, willing my eyes away from Harry's toned chest, and look at him in confusion. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," he smirks, heading over to his still unpacked suitcase and grabbing some clothes. "I'm just changing. I thought you'd appreciate the heads up so you can watch." He winks at me, and I can immediately feel my cheeks flush.

"Stop," I whine, sounding like a complete child.

He chuckles, and I force myself to lay back down on my bed. My eyes start to feel heavy, and I'm almost asleep when Harry's voice startles me. "I'm going to the gym, wanna come?"

I let out a laugh, staring at Harry in disbelief. "Me? At a gym? You clearly don't know me."

Harry joins in on the laughter and shakes his head. "Hey, I thought I'd offer." He walks out of the dorm and I get under the covers, letting sleep consume me.

***

I'm startled awake by what I assume to be a pillow thrown at my face, as well as by Harry's annoyingly loud voice. "What's up, shitface?"

I sit up, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"What? You don't like 'Lou', I thought I'd try a new nickname." A smirk spreads across his lips and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up."

Harry ignores my remark, stepping towards my wardrobe. I send him a questioning glance, but he ignores me. Instead, he throws a pair of red pants and a striped shirt at me. "Get changed, the party started an hour ago."

I furrow my brows and check my phone for the time, and a look of shock takes over my features when I notice that it's already ten. I sleep for that long?

"Do I have to go?" I whine, wanting to go back to bed already.

"Yup. Now get dressed."

I let out a groan as I get off the bed, grabbing the clothes Harry threw at me and heading for the door. Why I'm letting him choose my clothes, I don't know.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," Harry groans, sitting down on his bed. "You can't keep going to the washrooms down the hall every time you need to change."

I roll my eyes and attempt to ignore Harry's comments, yet they don't stop. "I'm on my phone, I'm not even paying attention to you."

I bite my bottom lip, debating what I should do. I mean, he's right... I can't leave every single time I want to change. I let out a sigh, giving in.

I turn around and pull my shirt over my head, reaching over my bed to grab the new one. When I turn back around, my shirt still in my hands, I notice Harry's eyes glued to my body. "Hey! You said you weren't looking!" I try to sound threatening, but I can't help the fact that my voice sounds weak.

Harry finally peels his gaze away from my body and looks up at me. It's then that I realize the colour of his eyes has changed from a bright green to a much darker, nearly black, shade.

"What?" I ask, feeling slightly self-conscious under his stare. I'm not normally someone who feels awkward about their body, but it's quite intimidating standing only partially clothed in front of someone who looks like Harry.

"Nothing." His voice is lower than I've ever heard it, and it sends a chill down my spine. Harry's eyes finally snap back to his phone screen, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding before going back to getting changed.

***

I can hear unfamiliar music blasting through the streets even before the frat house comes into view. I lift my head from the window, seeing rows of cars parked along both sides of the street. I don't get why so many people drove here, it's not like they can drive home. Which makes me start thinking... "Uh, Harry, how are we gonna get home?"

"Hm?" He gives me a questioning look.

I gesture to all of the cars, and then to the crowd of students drinking in the front yard.

He seems to understand since he lets out a low chuckle. "Don't worry, I'm not stupid."

His answer doesn't quite satisfy me, but I'm not about to start arguing with him now; if worst comes to worst, I just won't get in the car with him.

He pulls in between two cars, and I silently gawk at how effortlessly he maneuvers the car. It's not my fault I'm trash at parking.

Harry walks towards the house confidently, greeting people I don't recognize along the way, and I walk a half step behind him. As we enter, the music instantly gets louder and the fresh outside air is replaced by alcohol tinged stuffy air. I already don't like it here. A pit forms in my stomach, something like a gut instinct telling me - screaming at me - to leave, but I suppress the feeling, not wanting to kill the mood and drag Harry all the way back home after just getting here.

I snap myself out of my thoughts and look around, feeling my heart rate quicken when I don't see Harry anywhere. I feel tears prick at my eyes as I start to panic, and a voice behind me makes me jump. I whip around, thankful that it's just Harry.

"You okay?" He looks slightly concerned, his eyes darting around the room.

"Y-Yeah," I reply shakily, nodding my head. "You just disappeared, I thought you'd left or something."

Harry smiles apologetically, his voice softer than before. "I'd never leave you, Lou."

His eyes remain focused on mine, and I swear my stomach flips.

Harry clears his throat, snapping us both out of the trance-like state. "Here," he offers, handing me a cup filled with some sort of clear liquid.

"Oh, um, I, uh..." I struggle to find words, not wanting to seem like some uptight student.

Harry cuts me off, preventing me from likely making a fool out of myself. "It's just water," he reassures me. "Don't trust anything at these types of parties."

I nod my head slowly, not doubting him but still not quite sure why he would bother handing me a red solo cup filled with... water?

As though reading my thoughts, he answers my question. "If you're holding a drink, people won't offer you another."

I chew on my bottom lip, nodding my head. "Okay, well thanks."

He smiles in response.

"Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to do here," I admit, feeling slightly awkward amongst the crowd of drunk people.

Harry tilts his head to the side, looking at me with a smirk. "Wanna dance?"