09

Taeyong had stayed behind in Jungwoo's room with him and Lucas. Everyone else had gone downstairs.

Lucas was still fast asleep next to him.

Taeyong pulled up the desk chair next to the bed and showed Jungwoo all the pictures he had taken of him and Lucas sleeping together.

They kept quiet as to not wake Lucas. Although Jungwoo was slightly embarrassed by the photos, he for some reason liked seeing them.

Taeyong did his fair share of teasing before he leaned in and whispered, "So, what's your excuse this time?"

"I was just cold-"

He was cut off by the door swinging open noisily. Sicheng, Jaehyun, and Yuta barged in. Sicheng shouted, "Zeus, Seojun was bailed!"

Lucas awoke from the loud noise and sat up. "What?"

Jungwoo's heart shattered. He thought he was safe from Seojun. He thought he could live without him. Turns out, he was horribly wrong.

Taeyong rushed over to the huddle at the door whilst Lucas looked around and asked, "Who the heck is Seojun?"

He was taken aback upon seeing Jungwoo's tears. He moved closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong? Is he important-" Lucas then made the realization. Taeyong told him Jungwoo's ex-boyfriend got arrested. "Hey hey, it's okay..."

Jungwoo turned to him and threw himself into Lucas' arms. Right when he had gained the slightest bit of happiness from another person, Seojun had to come back and ruin it all.

Lucas held him tight and the other four watched silently from afar. His shirt was dampening from Jungwoo's wet tears but he didn't care. He let him cry his precious little heart out.

In the moment, he couldn't help but get angry. What right did Seojun have to destroy someone as sweet as Jungwoo? Who was he to endanger him?

As he rubbed his back, Jungwoo flinched again. Lucas thought back to last night when he slept with him in the tent. He had found a sore spot then, too. It only made him more furious when he truly realized what was happening.

Taeyong came closer and rested his hand on Jungwoo's shoulder. "Zeus, let's go downstairs and turn on the news. They have a story on him, okay?"

Jungwoo didn't respond or move in any way, so Taeyong looked up at Lucas. He nodded to him and Lucas stood up, carrying the smaller boy down the flight of stairs and to the couch.

He sat with his head between his knees all the while everyone else attentively watched the TV.

"A criminal of three years was bailed from jail tonight for five thousand dollars after only been arrested for eight days. His name is Kang Seojun, a convinct of domestic abuse. His apartment was put back on the market once he was arrested, which forced his roommate out of the apartment as well. Reporters say he's now out searching for this roommate of his."

All eyes were stuck on Jungwoo, who was paying zero attention whatsoever. He raised his head up, showing his tear-stained face.

"Zeus, did you hear that? Seojun is looking for you."

Jungwoo nodded slowly.

"I think it'd be better if you didn't leave the house for a while. That way, he'd be less likely to find you." Jaehyun said.

"Then...can we just go see him one more time?"

"Seojun?" Lucas butted in. Taeyong shook his head at him dangerously.

Yuta smiled and nodded at Jungwoo. "We'll go now."

The group put on coats and hats, preparing for the bitterness that was the air outside. They rushed down the street in a huddle with Jungwoo in the middle.

After walking a few blocks, they stopped at an apartment complex. Taeyong lead the way by squeezing through the gap between the fence and the outside wall. Lucas cluelessly followed.

The gap revealed a small cemetery. It was dark and difficult to see, but the other five walked to the designated spot like they came here all the time.

Finally, they all came to a halt at a grave in the far corner of the cemetery. Lucas watched as Jungwoo kneeled down and sobbed into his hands.

Curious, he looked up and read the name on the gravestone.

Kim Doyoung.

He was very confused by it all, but decided not to say anything for the time being to be respectful. Jaehyun noticed the puzzled look on his face. He turned him around and walked a little further from the rest of the boys so they couldn't hear him.

"You saw the name, didn't you?" Jaehyun whispered.

Lucas nodded.

"He was our friend. Out of all of us, he was closest to Zeus. He supported him emotionally and financially and was always there for him. But, about a year ago, we all went out to a bar one night. We all got super wasted and were on our ways home. He and Zeus walked back together. Doyoung wandered off into the road and Zeus noticed a car speeding down the street, so he tried to push him out of the way. They both got hit. Zeus was left was a badly broken bone in his right leg and had to get it replaced with bits of titanium. But Doyoung...he..."

Lucas put a hand on his upper arm and gave him an understanding nod.

They both turned around and walked back to the group. Lucas leaned down next to Jungwoo and held him tight. "Are you ready?" He whispered. Jungwoo wiped his tears and hummed. He lifted him up and walked back to the house with an arm around his shoulder.

By the time they all returned, it was nearing 3am. Jungwoo went straight up to his room. They could hear muffled sobs before the door closed.

Lucas sat down in the living room with the others. When all was quiet, he finally spoke up. "Do you think he'll find Jungwoo?"

No one answered.

————————

welp that's that

Why does time go by so fast on Sundays like it makes me so mad

Anyways

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a nice day/night!😘👉💍