Chapter 25: The After

After I walked away from Noah; ending our relationship. I hurried on back inside the house, slamming the door shut and leaning my back against it.

How could I be so blind?

How could this happen?

I thought we were perfect. Thought everything was okay..yet everything went wrong.

Why me? Why?

"Hey..your mom asked me to come check up-" Mia said, trailing off the last part as she walked in the doorway and saw me tempting to hold in my tears. Which I wasn't doing good job at. "Cameron. What happened?" She hurried over to me with a concern look.

"We're done." I sniffed. "Noah and I are done." My voice cracked and within a second tears busted through and I let out loud sobs. Sliding down to the ground.

Mia joined me on the ground, bringing me into a big hug to comfort me as I cried my broken heart away, ruining her shirt with my tears.

I read romance books and watch cliche romance movies, and one thing they always had in common was heartbreak. The main character ends up breaking up with their partner or being cheated on. They become upset and cry then the next thing you know; everything is okay. Not for me. The ache in my heart didn't feel like everything was okay or going to be okay.

This wasn't just a simple situation where I broke up with Noah because I wanted to protect him or I lost feelings; he cheated. Not in plain sight but behind my back with a girl who I despised more than anything and who feels the same towards me. You just don't do that. And truth be told some hatred for Noah is grown inside of me.

At this point I didn't know what was the truth anymore or what's not. Everything he ever said to me was a lie now. All of it; all his actions. Things will never be the same.

⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎

Weeks Later

"Wow, you girls did an amazing job on the yearbook this year." Max complimented Mia and I as he flipped through the pages of this year's, 2019 yearbook.

"Yea well it was not easy at all." I said, throwing a grape into my mouth.

"Tell me about it." Mia agreed. "Please don't ever convinced me to do things such as this ever again."

I scoffed and slightly laugh. "What? You were the one that was so on taking yearbook all because you didn't want to take gym class-which you ended up having to do anyways."

She pouted in defeat and crossed her arms. "Oh shut up and eat your grapes." Max and I had laugh at her stubbornness and the fact she got caught. They both went back to looking at the yearbook together while I continued devouring my lunch; which consisted of a half turkey sub, some chips and grapes with a lemonade drink.

I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast this morning because I woke up late from staying up all night, doing homework.

Okay I lied. More like I stayed up all night watching teen wolf. The show ended some time ago but it's such a good series that I couldn't help to rewatch it all from the beginning; starting with season one. I tried to put my phone down and head to bed several times but the "next episode" button kept calling my name.

Luckily I didn't feel asleep in any of the four classes I has so far already. Now I just got to keep it like that for fifth and sixth period. Hopefully.