Scene Thirty

When the video chat started and they could see each other, they just stared for a minute before Alan broke the silence.

"Hi Austin," he waved at the camera before wiping stray tears off his face.

"Hey," Austin gave him a small smile in return.

"What's up?" they carried on in a normal conversation tone.

"Um, I was about to go get my suit fitted and everything, but now I'm here. What about you?" Austin asked calmly.

"Nothing much. Aaron and I watched Lord of the Rings, but that's about it," Alan purposely left out that he'd drank an entire bottle of liqueur and passed out.

"Is that all?"

"Yup," Alan squeaked out.

He hated lying to people, but he wasn't quite wanting to tell Austin what memorable events had happened.

"So you didn't have a panic attack?" Austin crossed his arms over his chest.

"Nope, what makes you say that?"

"Aaron told me," Austin said sharply.

Alan didn't reply, he just sat in bed. Silently.

"Would you like to tell me what happened?"

Alan shook his head.

"Why not?"

He shrugged.

"Okay, has Phil taken you to get your suit fitted?" Austin changed the subject.

"No," Alan shook his head, his hair falling in front of his face.

"I swear I'm gonna kill him. What about the venue? Have you seen it yet?" Austin asked.

"No."

"It's beautiful! Like, oh my god, they did such a good job. You have to see it!" Austin said happily.

"You're such a girl," Alan giggled.

"Shut up," Austin blushed and looked away.

"Are you blushing, Mr. Carlile?" Alan was clearly enjoying himself.

"Shut up!" Austin covered his face with his hands.

"PHIL!"

"WHAT?" Phil yelled back to Alan.

"COME HERE!"

"Ugh," Phil pulled away from Tino with a loud groan.

"HURRY UP!"

"I'm coming! Shut up!" Phil trudged up the stairs.

"Rude," Alan frowned.

"Why do you need Phil?" Austin asked, his face not red anymore.

"Oh damn it, you stopped blushing. I guess I could tell him to take me to get my suit fitted and to see the venue..." Alan smiled

Austin smiled at Alan, discretely, behind his hands. Alan's phone rang, blocked number.

"Hold on, someone's calling me. Tell Phil I'll be right back!" Alan grabbed his phone and ran out of the room.

"Okay!" Austin shouted to Alan's retreating body.

"Hey Austin," Phil said sitting down on the bed where Alan had just been.

"What's up?" Austin asked in the same tone he'd asked Alan.

"Nothing. Where did Alan go?"

"Someone called him, he said he'd be back though."

"Oh, okay," Phil shrugged it off, but kept sitting on the bed.