1) Lauren's POV - I Hate Talking Pigeons

Hey guys. It's me Izzy. Or demigod_poseidon. Sorry it took me forever to post this here, I'm a horrible human being. Again, sorry.

 Lauren's POV

I stood on the top of the mansion, waiting for something to happen. Demigods, magicians or the other magicians return. Carter, Sadie, Jaz, and Walt had all gone off looking for a certain scroll we’d gotten a read on about a week ago. The demigods still hadn’t come. We’d, and by we I mean me, been watching out for them for about a week now. My “long lost” friend was supposed to be among them. Why were they taking so long?

The rest of the Brooklyn House gave up thinking they were coming and went back to their not-so-normal lives. Except Al. Whenever we mention demigods, he gets all jittery. And it’s not just his ADHD. I looked into the distance and saw the empire state building. In my little research, I’d discovered the greek gods were hiding there. Okay, so not hiding but living. The weird thing was, when I clicked on the website for more information, my computer shut down immediately, and several creatures attacked the Brooklyn House.

I didn’t dare go on the website again but it made me wonder. The wind blew my now blonde hair across my face so I pulled it into a ponytail. The ninja clothes (Carter calls them linen robes but I feel like a white ninja in them) did little to protect from the coldness. “Why are they taking so long?” I asked a pigeon. It just tilted its head. I sighed and looked back out at New York. “Look kid, it ain’t gonna be a fun ride. Greeks and Egyptians meeting........well it brakes a lot of rules.” the pigeon said after a second. I flipped out.

“AHHHHHHH!!!!!!” I screamed and back away top speed and ended up tripping myself. The pigeon hopped/flew over to me. “What’s wrong?” it asked. “YOUR A TALKING PIGEON!!!!!” I shouted at it. “Ohhh. No, I’m just taking this form. It’s me, Set.” the pigeon explained. “WHAT?!” I yelled and started throwing things at him, including my shoes and wand. “Hey! Hey! Relax! Stop that! Ow!” the pigeon said. I stopped for a moment, only because I was out of ammo.  “I’m just here to warn your buddy, Al. They don’t know about him, only the girl, but they will know soon. You ever try softball? You have a great arm.” the pigeon said flying away. “Wait?! What about Al?!” I screamed at the pigeon.

“Lauren, I think you and I both know, when you start screaming at pigeons, it’s time to come inside.” I voice behind me said. I whipped around to find Felix, surrounded by penguins. “No. It wasn’t a pigeon. It was-” I started but he interrupted me “Lauren, I saw it. It was a pigeon.” he said and went back into the mansion, leaving me speechless. I sat on the ground and a pigeon landed next to me. “Get away Set!” I screamed at it but it only tilted its head and hopped on the rough looking for any food. After it discovered the roof was a bare cupboard, it flew away. And pooped too close to me for my liking. I gathered all my stuff and went inside.

Everybody else was heading off to bed. I went to my room, which was a circle of messiness. Everything was now pink and gray. It used to be pink and orange but I changed it a while ago. I collapsed on my bed and tried to fight going to sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, I thought of a reason the demigods wouldn’t be here yet. They were getting worse and worse. At first it was picturing them with egyptian monsters. Then I learned all about the greek ones and it was those. Now it’s both.

One time, it was really weird, but I saw a mini Rome. A giant warship landing and out of it came a blonde girl. I gasped when I realized I’d seen her before. I struggled to remember her name. Annabeth! She ran towards a boy with black wind blown hair and sea green eyes. Percy! I hadn’t seen him in a long time. What was he doing at a mini Rome? In a bedsheet? But then I had heard a dark voice. I couldn’t make out what it was saying but it scared me enough I didn’t want to know. 

I shivered, remembering that voice. I thought about Set. Why had he come to warn me? It was really unnatural. Gods rarely communicate, and when they do it’s either minor or they communicate with Carter and/or Sadie. But Set was major and he talked to me. Why?

*****************************************************************

Sorry that the chapter short and that it took me forever. Feel free to burn me at the stake.

Al wrote the next chapter.