New New Addition

"You don't have to wait at each light, Dongju." Keonhee said from the backseat.

"The police may be gone, but those red light cameras are still there." Dongju grumbled.

"Does that really matter now?" Keonhee said with a sigh.

"You know what. You can get out of this fucking car and walk." Dongju snapped.

"Keonhee, shut up. Dongju, drive." I said, displeased with their lack of unity at a time like this.

The dog happily panted as it stuck its head out the window. It would be nice if we were able to be carefree once more just like Carla, the dog. She was probably aware that her owner was missing, but she hardly showed any sadness. Maybe it's because we found and helped her. Life seemed simpler as a pet than a human. The car came to a sudden stop and pulled me out from my thoughts.

"Why'd you stop?" Hwanwoong asked.

"That." Dongju said as he pointed ahead.

A large crevice lied between us and the other side. We couldn't tell where it started nor ended.

"Let's ride by the side of it and see if we can find an end." I suggested. Sitting here probably wouldn't do us any good.

Dongju made a left and followed the crevice. It seemed never ending until it stopped by a building. We went around and were relieved to see that it didn't continue.

"Hey, where are we?" Keonhee asked.

"I don't know, look at the street signs?" Dongju replied as he made a turn.

"No, I meant in general..." Keonhee said as he poked his head out.

I wasn't too familiar with the area myself. Dongju started to slow down in order for us to look. I figured we ended up in another part of Chuncheon. That or we traveled to another city or region.

"Well, wherever we are, two things. One, we stop for gas. Two, we honk and shout. See if anyone's here." Dongju said as he stopped the car to look up where a gas station was.

"Sounds good to me." Hwanwoong said.

Keonhee and I nodded in agreement. Dongju put the car back in drive then made a U turn. The air blew in my face as we traveled down the road in the summer heat. A part of me was thankful that this whole shabang didn't happen in the winter. Though we all could agree that we would've preferred that it never happened. Dongju pulled into the gas station then got out the car.

"I'm going to walk around with Carla." said Hwanwoong as he climbed over Keonhee then softly called Carla to do the same.

"You could've asked me to get out." Keonhee grumbled.

"Come on Carla. Let's not hang around Mr. Grumpy Pants." Hwanwoong said before jogging away with Carla in tow.

I decided to nap as I started to feel tired. It was short lived as Keonhee started to shift around.

"Keonhee, could you just... sit still? Please?" I subtly pleaded.

"Sure." he said as he shifted.

"Thank you." I said then closed my eyes.

The sooner we were able to figure out what we needed to do to save everyone, the faster I could get back to my life. I was certain I wasn't the only one thinking it. Dongju and Keonhee were like oil and vinegar. I couldn't understand why they couldn't get along when they got along with Hwanwoong and I just fine.

"Hey!" we heard someone shout.

Soon a figure ran past us and Hwanwoong had come to a stop beside the car.

"He... he took Carla!" said Hwanwoong out of breath.

"What?" Keonhee and I said in unison.

I didn't think there was a survivor around here. We quickly got out of the car and headed in the direction that the man went in. I looked at Hwanwoong who's face screamed of guilt.

"It's not your fault, Hwan. We'll get her back, okay?" I said then patted his back.

"If only I watched her more carefully..." he mumbled as we looked around.

We heard barking come from our right and hoped it belonged to Carla. The barking grew louder the farther down we went until we no longer heard it.

"Carla..." I whispered before turning into a car garage.

I ran around the garage, hoping I'd find the both of them in case Carla got hurt. I walked up to the next level then spotted a man getting into a car.

"Hey!" I shouted as I ran to the car.

He started to back out, but I held onto the door handle.

"Open up you dognapper!" I shouted then heard the other two heading in my direction.

I heard the door unlock and I was quick to let Carla out. She went up on her hind legs and wagged her tail happily. I turned my attention back to the person sitting at the wheel.

"Why did you take Carla?" Hwanwoong shouted.

"Hwanwoong, calm down. Let's get him out the car first." said Keonhee as he pulled the driver's side open.

They pull him out the car then pinned him down against his own car. At least I assumed it was.

"Are you real?" Hwanwoong asked before poking the man's ass.

"Could you let me go? I figured if there was a dog around, it's owner was too. And I wasn't wrong." the man said.

I gestured for them to let him go.

"What's your name?" I asked as Carla continued to put her paws on me.

"As if I would tell you." he said flatly.

"Look, we're all you got. You can continue to be alone, but I'll tell you this: safety in numbers." I said before calling Carla to walk away with me.

Keonhee and Hwanwoong followed suit as we didn't want someone with attitude on our journey to save the world.

"Fine." he said then got back in his car.

"I can't believe the Earth didn't swallow him up too." Keonhee said with a shake of his head.

"Be nice, Keonhee." Hwanwoong hissed.

The sound of a car rang in our ears and we quickly moved as a car went past us.

"Get in." the man said from inside the car.

We looked at each other then back at the car. Soon another car entered the garage then honked.

"Looks like Dongju found us." Keonhee said. "But I'm gonna ride with the new guy. One of you would've suggested it anyway."

I looked at Hwanwoong who shrugged. We walked over to Dongju's car then explained everything.

"Great. Now I won't have a backseat driver nitpicking at everything I do." Dongju said as he backed out of the garage.

I quietly sighed as we needed to get them on better terms with each other. Everything would fall apart if the two of them refused to cooperate.