v. ( the quarry )

. . ‧₊˚ MURDERED!

STELLA JUST SAT there. she's been sitting at the edge of the quarry, half-naked, for a long time now. she completely forgot about the losers and everything else.

all she wanted was a peaceful day at the quarry where she could sit in hot summer air without being interrupted by a bunch of idiots.

but of course, her prayers were never to be answered. "why are you here?" stella heard richie ask from behind her.

"oh don't worry, i was just leaving." stella rolled her eyes before getting up and walking over to where she put her clothes. "don't leave," eddie says.

"why not?" she dropped her clothes back on the ground before turning to face the group of boys. "because we want you here," ben says, sending her a smile.

she heavily sighs. "not all of you." her eyes land on richie, and she raises an eyebrow at him. "fine," he reluctantly gave in to her intimidating stare.

"glad you all agree." the sarcastic redhead fake smiled at richie before rolling her eyes.

the boys all got undressed and asked stella if she wanted to play loogie, to which she quickly declinded. instead she sat back during their game that was rather disgusting and watched.

as they were debating on who should go first, stella caught a glimpse of a fellow familiar freckle-faced ginger in the distance on her bike. the boys were all deciding who would jump in first. none of them wanted to be the one to do it.

her bored expression turned into a somewhat interested one. a smirk played on her lips as she watched the girl drop her bike and quickly undress.

"i will," beverly announces, revealing her presence to the group of boys. stella quickly got up from her spot and went over to the girl, grabbing her hand as they charged off the cliff.

the group separated, letting the two get by. "sissies!" beverly teases before they both jumped off, leaving them all dumbfounded and shocked.

"we just got shown up by two girls!" richie whined as he looked at the rest of his friends, who were also stunned in their places as he was.

"come on, i don't have all day!" stella playfully yelled up to the boys who were still just standing there.

it was at that moment they finally chose to move. the losers jumped off one by one, making huge splashes in the water and causing the people who were nearby to try and shield their faces from the water.

"who wants to play chicken?" stella asked, a big genuine smile appearing on her face for the first time in a while. she'd never been genuinely happy since what happened, the guilt just overpowered any of her reasons to be happy. until now, that is.

everybody answered her with a 'me' and started to pair up and choose who should go first. it turned out to be stella and stan against bill and beverly.

stella had no problem with teaming up with stan, she didn't ever really have a reason to think of him as anything negative.

stella was struggling with the only other female as she was clearly much stronger and powerful than her, so she only had one choice left to do in order to win the match.

cheat, obviously.

she kicked bill on the right side of his cheek, causing him to let go of beverly in reflex and for her to fall off of his shoulders from the lack of support she had whilst on him.

stan seemed surprised, she knew that the girl was pretty mischievous and all but he didn't think she would cheat at a game as stupid as chicken.

"wow, stella." stan chuckled, letting her off of his shoulders and giving her a high five.

"i know right, i won fair and square." she innocently smiled, looking over st bill and beverly.

she decided to apologize to bill. after all, she did kick him in the face. "aaorry bill, i'm just competitive. it had to be done."

"it's fine, but you do r-realize that we won because y-y-you cheated right?" stella became confused. "i don't see a rule book." she shrugged before looking around.

"but you still cheated, so we—"beverly starts. "nope! not in the rule book that i can see. it says if stella decides she wants to win, then she does."

beverly playfully rolled her eyes at the girl but didn't say anything. but of course, richie just had to speak.

"well, where is it then, opalia?" richie challenged, causing the girl to turn towards him. "in my head, duh." she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"that..." eddie trailed off before looking at her confusingly. "i'm not even surprised, i don't know how i didn't see this coming."

stella only shrugged and sent a small smile towards stan. he smiled back at her, making richie stare at him in jealousy. stan took notice to this and quickly wiped the smile off of his face before turning away from the boy.

stella, on the other hand, didn't notice the exchange at all. she was oblivious to what had just happened and what it all meant.

being the type of person she is, she would easily discover richie's secret crush on her. which at the time would end up terribly, so it was only luck that had saved that from happening.

🍒, maybankz—
n/a

WRITTEN. unknown
EDITED. june 5, 2020