Griff the Magpie

Name: Griff

Age: About the same age as Aeris

Species: Magpie

Gender: Male

Appearance: Silver eyes, typical magpie apperance but with gold tipped tail feathers, his white feathers have a gold sheen to them, theres a crest of small gold tipped white feathers on top of Griff's head, about the size of a fully grown cat.

Likes: Bird friendly Cinnamon Twigs, flying, Aeris, flower crowns made by Aeris, perching on Aeris' head or shoulders.

Dislikes: Loud noises, mouldy bird friendly Cinnamon Twigs, storms, people who hurt Aeris, Aeris' job, being around too much negativity, mice (too small and too stringy).

Other: Griff has been around Aeris since they awoke the full extent of their demi-god powers, that was actually how he gained sentience in the first place. All the pent up grief and sorrow Aeris felt when they found out about Riley's death sent out a pulse of magical energy which caused several events to occur at once: a local construction site collapsed killing seven workers and injuring ten to varying degrees, a child ran into the street and was run over (they're alive but will be crippled for life), and several different species of animals suddenly flocked to the orphanage (Griff being one of them). Griff was the closest of the animals to Aeris at the time, unconciously absorbing some of the initial burst of energy and gaining sentience from it. From this second, Griff knew what Aeris was, what they could be and what they would become, and vowed to stay with the newly awakened demi-god and protect them from what was to come.

Abilities:

Gifted Sentience: Griff is the only bird of his kind, having been given sentience from the magic of a demi-god. He is as intelligent as a human being, maybe more so due to the magic of a demi-god flowing through his veins.

Enhanced speed: Griff can fly faster than any non-magical, and even some magical, birds.

Enhanced strength: Griff can easily carry people in his claws, anything heavier than about 300lbs gets a tad bit too heavy though.

Mental Link with Aeris: Griff can communicate with Aeris through a mental link they share, magic may have granted him sentience but it did not give him working human vocal chords or (if it did) knowledge on how to use them.

Eidetic Memory: Griff can remember every detail from everything he's ever witnessed, even if he wasn't focusing on that particular thing at the time - just looking in it's general direction.