Being chosen

Third POV:

Atem stood up from his throne and looks at the keeper. "How much is the leopard?" He asks with curiousity, shocking and pleasing the keeper.

"She is 600 gold, my pharaoh." The keeper replied while Seth, a member of the guardian court glared slightly at the keeper and turned towards the Atem. "My Pharoah, you can not be serious. Even is she is a sacred leopard as the man claims, the price is just perpostrous!" He objected, but Atem raised his hand.

"I acknowledge your concern, Seth. However, it is a price I am willing to pay for her." Atem replied while giving Seth a stern look that made the priest back down and bowed.

"Then apologies for my outburst, my king." He replied humbly while Atem gave him a reassuring smile.

The keeper smiles slightly greedily, but wiped it off to show a more genuine smile at the king. "Thank you, your highness! I am sure you would be pleased with her." He replied.

Atem nodded before turning to Isis, the only female in his guardian court. "Isis, have servants gather the man's payment and give it to him please." He asks in a humble tone while Isis smiles and bows. "Right away, my king." She replied before going off to tell a servant the instructions.

Atem then walked down the steps towards the cage to get a better look at the frightened leopard, cocking his head to the side curiously.

___________________________________________

Yuki POV:

I was frozen in shock, staring at the human king with disbeleif. He wanted to BUY me?!

/Oh catnip, what have I gotten myself into?!/ I groan internally, not taking my eyes off of the 'Pharaoh' as he walks down the steps and comes over to my cage.

/Why is he coming over here?/ I thought confusedly and tensed up more, shifting back slightly and staring into his odd crimson and royal purple eyes. /I never knew humans had that colored eyes.../ I thought idly while tilting my head to the side in return.

I have a feeling that things were going to be very different from now on.

___________________________________________

Atem POV:

I watch with slight surprise as the leopard tilted her head to the side slightly like I did, looking at me with confusion and wary curiousity shining in her ice blue eyes.

/She is truly beautiful...Hmm...I wonder if she is a normal leopard at all./ I thought to myself while looking her over curiously before noticing a fresh pink scar on her shoulder.

I frown slightly before looking at the keeper. "Why is she injured?" I ask with a slight steel to my tone, noticing that the keeper shifted slightly.

"She had an arrow sticking out of her shoulder when we found her, my king. We did our best to treat it and nurse her back to health before coming here." I heard the keeper reply with a slight nervous tone.

Narrowing my eyes slightly, I simply nodded at his reasoning. "Very well." I reply, looking at the servant carrying the gold as he came in.

"Thank you." I say to the shy boy, making him smile slightly and bow before leaving. I hand the gold to the keeper.

"Thank you for your services, my king." The keeper said with a bow before taking his men and leaving, the leopard still in her cage and watching me.

Letting out a soft sigh, I step over to the cage and open it with the key left behind despite the frantic protests of my court and smiled at the leopard.

"Hello. It is alright, you are safe now. You can come on out." I say softly while reaching out a hand, palm up towards her.

___________________________________________

Yuki POV:

I look at him with surprise when he opened the door to my cage and said soothing words, holding out a hand to me.

/He can't be serious.../ I thought silently, staring at him for a few seconds. He looks so sure at patient that I could not believe he was malevolent.

/Whelp, here goes nothing./ I thought before cautiously moving forward, sniffing his palm slightly and almost purring at the warm, sweet scent of honey and spices he had.

/Dear Nekundria, do all humans smell this good?!/ I exclaim internally before leaning my head into his hand, letting out soft purrs. I can tell he has a good heart.

___________________________________________

Atem POV:

I was shocked as much as my guardian court when the leopard leaned her head against my hand with soft purrs, her tail even swaying from side to side.

I smile and chuckle softly once I snapped out of my shock and gently rubbed her head affectionately. /I suppose she really is tame./ I mused internally.

"Increadible! This must be a sign." I heard my eldest guardian, Shimon, say with surprise. I could tell he was smiling under the cloth he wears to hide his lower face.

"Indeed, Shimon. This leopard must be the Pharoah's guardian. There is no other way to explain it." Aknaden, another of my elder guardian priests, agreed.

I hum and look down at the she-leopard. I can tell she has some intelligence from the look in her eyes, so perhaps it would not be a bad idea to ask. "How would you like to be my guardian spirit?" I asks warmly, seeing her snap her head up and her eyes widen in surprise.
___________________________________________

Yuki POV:

/He can't be serious! Me, a guardian spirit?!/ I exclaim internally, shocked that this king would want ME of all beings as his guardian spirit.

/What should I do? Accept or not accept?/ I pondered to myself with my tail flicking in thought, too concentrated to notice that the priests have some..disagreements.

___________________________________________

I am so sorry this is short! I had hit the ultimate enemy of writer's: Writer's block. I promise to update this ans any of my other books whenever I can.